Chapter 12

After spending two hours with Angie trying to make her fall asleep it was already morning. Derek and Jose had the apartment fixed and clean and were guarding it until I showed up so now I closed the door, groaning as the bright morning light hit my eyes.

My mind was going over what had happened earlier. After Bane lied and said that we were mates, everything became silent.

"What?!" Someone had said but I quickly ignored them, walking over to Bane and shoving him toward the ground before grabbing Angie and walking toward my car.

After that I had to calm my best friend down and assure her that Bane would never come near her, I even lied and said that there was this demon protected spell that I placed over her so now a demon couldn't come within a hundred meters... Yeah I was desperate but I doubt she'll remember that once she wakes up.

I came out of the elevator and my eyes focused on Dominic. His hummer was parked next to my mustang and he leaned against my car. His body was tense and his jaw was clench shut. He had his arms folded in front of him and his muscles looked as though they were going to pop out. I never thought that his dark eyes could get any darker but my case was proven wrong. Dark intense blue, almost black eyes stared straight at me, anger and lust filled them and for a moment I was afraid.

"Dominic?" I said as I approached.

"Scarlett." he answered.

I licked my lips and I felt his eyes following that motion, within seconds I was in his arms pressed against the warm metal of my car. His thighs were pressed against mines making electric shoot up my body and leaving me shivering.

His hands held mines in a strong yet gentle grip, and his eyes. Dear lord, they were making my body heat up. Then something happened, my wolf stirred and opened her silver eyes. She began to purr, the sound making my body shake and shudder when she growled. "Mine."

My mouth opened as I stared at Dominic, did we just...no...did we?

A low groan came from him and I snap my head up to stare at him. His jaw was clench but it didn't do anything to destroy his beautiful full lips, his slight cheekbones, his dark eyebrows or his striking eyes.

"Love..." He groan out as he pushed closer towards me. Making my body steam up and making my growing desire for him skyrocket.

He leaned closer and pressed a soft kiss to my cheekbone, if I wasn't lusting for him before I was now. My face began to heat up as he pulled back to look at me, his eyes stunningly bright. I had gasped at the sight of his light blue eyes that were filled with happiness. I tried to speak, tried to tell him that I couldn't, that we couldn't but he spoke first.

"You do not know how long I had restrained myself, you have no idea how hard it is to stand next to your mate and restrain yourself from marking her. You don't understand how much I need you right now, how much we crave for you. To think that someone else actually thinks that they could have what is mine, makes me laugh." He stopped speaking and then he smiled, making my heart beat like crazy that for a second I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Then he bended over and slowly went to press his lips to mine but I pushed him away, realization taking over me.

"You let them torture me." My voice had gone hard, new anger filling me.

"I had no choice." He said, guilt filling his eyes.

"Everyone has a choice."

He became quiet, his eyes searching mines as he thought of what to say.

"Mine." My wolf said again, trying to take over and mark him, but I shoved her down and stared at Dominic. Yes he made me go crazy with need, he made me feel safe and protected but if he knew that I was his mate, his other half, then why did he allow Samuel to torture me like that...why?

"I couldn't do anything about it Scarlett, but I knew that you could defend yourself, and honey trust me, Samuel was going to do something even worse, I convinced him not to, so I did protect you in a way." He rubbed his neck in a embarrassed way and if I weren't angry at him, I would had thought that it looked cute, but now it only irritated me.

"Do not call me honey! I am not yours. How dare you think that I'll forgive you? If that was you in that cell I would have done anything to help you." My heart broke when I told him that I would not be his, because face it, I really wanted to. But I wasn't lying, how could I be with him if he couldn't save me?

"Scarlett, please don't do this. Not with everything we have together."

"Dominic I only known you for a few days, so in fact we don't have anything together." I pushed away from him, and trust me it was hard. My wolf clawed at me and growled probably telling me how stupid I was but I tried to ignore her as I opened my car.

Dominic was by my side, his eyes dark again as who knows how many thoughts were flying through that skull of his.

"Scarlett please."

I couldn't help it, I stared at him. His eyes were dark with guilt and I almost forgave him right then and there.

"Dominic I can't...give me some time." with that I got in my car and drove away from my other half.