Chapter 19

My hands were still shaking when I parked my car by the house. I looked up to see my eyes still glowing, with a growl I reached over and pulled on my darkest sunglasses. I was just about to get out of the car when I noticed something.

Fear.

The smell of fear was emitting off of me in waves, making anyone close enough to realize. Quickly I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves down. A couple minutes of deafening silence and I was finally composed again.

I got out of the car and headed towards the door, trying not to make myself noticed by the thirty or so men who were still working on the houses, Dominic included.

Once in, I went straight towards my room. The only problem was that Derek was already there.

He was sitting on one of my arm chairs, his head between his hands. When I walked in, his head shot up, making his dark brown hair flop up.

"Alpha," he started, but then stopped.

"Call me Scarlett, Derek." I sighed and tried to push away my current problems.

"Well Scarlett...nah it's nothing." He got up, and started to walk away.

"Derek, wait. Is it about Lyra?"

His body froze and slowly he turned to look at me. I could almost feel his embarrassment through our bond, but I ignored it as I stared at him.

"Is it obvious?"

"What is she to you?" I walked to my bed and sat down, purposely ignoring his question.

"My mate," he blushed "but I won't do anything, at least until she gets older, I promise, and I wont touched her..." he started to go on and on, but I held up my hand.

"Does she know?"

"I don't think so...I don't think no one told her about these things yet, I mean she's only nine. And because she's only nine, I'm not gonna start anything, I mean maybe a little flirting but not anything extreme." He started to blush even harder.

"Derek aren't you, you know a player?" I wasn't going to lie to the poor boy, plus Lyra was only nine, and well I was still pretty shaken up with my eyes.

So maybe I was being a little blunt. Who cared?

If possible it looked like he blushed harder, but that was impossible.

"I am not a player, I mean yeah I was good with the ladies...but that doesn't matter anymore, I have Lyra! I mean I'm not going-"

"Okay Derek, I get it. It's okay, thanks for telling me. And I'll make sure that no one else goes sniffing around Lyra since she's your mate. And I accept just please wait until she grows up a little more, and don't try anything funny. So please leave, I have things to do, and tell everyone that I'm unavailable for the rest of the day,"

"Thanks for understanding! But everyone? Including Dominic? And you okay? You don't look so hot?"

"I'm fine, and yes Dominic too."

He stared at me like I was crazy and then smiled.

"Sure thing boss, but before I go, what's up with the glasses?"

Ignorance started to build and I felt my body shake. My wolf got angry and I had a sudden urge to hit someone.

"Get. Out!" I growled and clutched my bed sheets, trying to calm down the unexpected burst of anger.

Within seconds, I heard the door click shut. I got up, and locked it, returning to the bed. The strange anger was still inside of me and my shoulder was burning like hell. I felt my wolf's annoyance at what was happening to me, but I kindly ignored her.

I went to the bathroom and took off my sunglasses.

My red eyes were still glarring back at me, making me flinch at the evilness. When my shoulder throbbed, I took off my shirt and angled myself so I could see Vincent's mark.

The skin was pink and tender and the mark was now easily noted, I traced my finger tip around the teeth marks and felt our bond start to tingle. But then I shook my head and told myself that it was only my imagination, Vincent wasn't here anymore.

And I should know because I killed him.

Or did I?

((((Hey guys and beautiful ladies, I know it's short but bear with me....was wondering do you guys want a really long chapter 20????!!!! Comment and let me know >.