The Writer's BANG Theory

Part Six:

Characters ... again

I never realized how hard it was to make characters for some people. I on the other hand can make characters out of thin air ... and no I'm not bragging because even that can get annoying when you suddenly get this idea for a fantastic character but you don't have a story for them.

How will you ever tell people of the amazing Barberton if you don't even know what he's done? Sure he's a badass or whatever and you are in love with his character but ... he doesn't have a story.

What time is it!?!?!?!

Back Story Time!!!!!! (he, see what I did there?)

Back story is another thing that makes a fat character, a healthy beautiful character that is totally sharable and likable. Don't make them someone you can't stand. I was once writing this book that I loved and I loved the main character who was so lovable and adorable but he was in love with this girl and he had to do all this shit to get the girl and I just could figure out what made this girl so great. She would have to be great for him to go through all the trouble and pain he goes through. So I had to stop it sadly. I was so disappointed but I'm still working on that to make the girl worth is so ... fingers crossed!

And remember, everyone takes a shit in the toilet once in a while-

(Two random guys)

Guy One: What the hell is this chick talking about?

Guy Two: Something about shitting in the toilet.

Guy One: Why would I want to hear about that!?!?

Guy Two: I don't know it's kind of gross. Let's get out of here.

Guy One: Hell yeah, and gets some chicks.

Guy Two: Hot chicks!

Both Guys: Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assholes, ignore them, what I meant by that was, that everyone has their bad days. You're not a terrible writer for having one or even a few bad stories. Just try your hardest to finish them and try this:

Fill in everything and if you can't fill in all of it or if you get bored while writing it, then do not continue the story. If you’re a bit wary about the story and are not ABSOLUTELY SURE you will finish then do NOT publish or put on wattpad or anything. Wait until you finish these questions and until you reach about ten chapters in your story before you publish/upload whatever:

Title:

Characters:

Plot:

Setting:

Make sure you have ALOT of detail in it like this:

Title:

The Pandora Series

Characters:

Pandora- Pandora is an orphan, both of her parents dying on their anniversary vacation. Pandora is sent away to people her father had instructed in case of emergency. When she moved away she found out her power to turn invisible. Pandora is the perfect daughter to anyone ... except the Wells who hate kids. Through the rest of her time in the Wells' care, she is put through a hell she never would have thought existed before. After discovering her powers and new comers (her new found friends) that have powers as well, her evil mother (who is trying to drain the powers of millions of helpless children to keep for her own), and many more mysteries along the way, she is put through a pain staking journey to not only save herself and her friends but to stop a war that has gone on for generations, if not the dawn of time.

Jason- Jason is a werewolf and like Pandora, both his parents were killed. Jason as child was sent to foster care and that's how he met Connor with his parents (all magical as well). They were happy until they too were killed leaving both Jason and Connor in child care. Now Jason's move to a small town with Connor and fearing every second he may be killed too leaving Connor to fend for himself. Jason has been through a lot and has been left a lot making him feel as if he should be the only person he leans on, and depend on no one, even if he's more of a pack guy. Suddenly when a little red head steps into his life he doesn't feel so alone anymore and maybe not so much as a solo man.

Connor- Connor has always been happy, always tries to be happy since his brother, Jason, usual isn't. When they meet Pandora, Connor instantly likes the maroon haired girl and tried to convince his brother that Pandora is different. Though he's young he understands a lot of things his older brother, Jason, won't let him. He wants to be more into the action and actually provide his friends and brother with help and not be dead weight on top of their burden of problems.

Mikey- Mikey was always strange. He hated his parents and he hated a lot of other people. His parents were always gone and in a way to get their attention he became a thief until he meets Pandora. He knows right away there is something different about her and tries his damnedest to meddle into her life. He never realized just what he was meddling into. Though Mikey may be fun and super crazy he's super loving and especially loyal to his friends and family (of he had family).

Valerie- She's a bitch, just going to put that out there now. Valerie's family never cared for her and was always very separated from each other; hell they barely noticed that she died her hair pink! Valerie knows she strange so when she meets Pandora she know she's not the only one. She, like Mikey, meddles her way into Pandora's life but won't back down because of an anti-social werewolf or a social awkward Angel gets in her way.

Plot:

I, Pandora, orphaned by the death of my parents at eight now live with the sinister Wells couple who constantly degrade my ego as much as possible, work a full-time job and go to the third worst school in the state. And I have super powers. Yeah, I had about the same reaction. WHAT!?!?! I blame Chuck Norris! (What? If he's so powerful then he could get me out of my problems but has he? Noooooo).

It all started on a normal (and horrible) day, but now I have three super powered boys (One a sweet ninth grader, one anti-social, and one rich mugger) and one super powered cynical bit-er, bratty girl on my plate. Throw in a side of kidnappers, talking dogs, crazy vampire chicks and we have a healthy heaping of my life. Oh joy!

But seriously, I blame Chuck Norris.

Setting: A small town/a facility/a cottage/the woods

(Just so you know, do not steal that idea. I do have that copyrighted so I can kill you. Ha, ha, no actually I'll just send you to court; sue your ass until you wished you were dead.)

And you do not want one to look like this:

Title: Wonderboy

Characters:

Wonderboy: A super hero musician who hates school and his new step dad. Loves metal music and food even though he is super skinny.

Nastyman: A fat boy at Wonderboy's school who at first is his enemy but when they look at the similarities (superhero powers and love of music)

Marcy: A vampirism looking punk girl who wants to join Nastyman and Wonderboy's group of misfits.

Mucky Muck Man: Wonderboy's evil step father

Plot:

Setting:

Does anyone get that? Did you giggle? I giggled... he he Mucky Muck Man....

So yeah, tips of this chapter:

Don't get discouraged easily

Make sure you will finish your book

Make sure your characters (all of them) are good characters and fit their roles. If it's a conceited asshole, make him the BEST conceited asshole!

Until next times ... Dupree OUT!