The Writer's BANG Theory

Part Five:

Dialouge

Dialouge is very important. I told you about characters being great but dialouge is half of what makes them great (the other half is actions but I'll get to that later) because what they say shows their personality. Like I said use slang only for dialouge, go crazy with it! Make the dialouge perfect for your character.

Bossy character: "No, no, left, I SAID LEFT YOU BUMBLING BABOON! I swear I hired monkies!"

Cool guy character, "Sup man! I haven't seen you in forever! Did you finally bang that McKenny girl?"

Stuttering shy girl (very difficult try write dialouge for because you have to make the 'stuttering good like don't over use stuttering)

Good stuttering: "I-I-I-uh, was just g-going to the b-bathroom. I-is that okay?"

Bad stuttering: "B-b-b-but I-I-I-I j-j-j-just w-wanted t-t-to go to the b-b-bathroom." Only stutter every word when ABSOLUTELY NEED. And if you write it like this it's kind of hard to read.

Again these are guide lines not DEMANDS.

You shall burn in a firey pit of hell if you don not-

Ha ha, no. You don't HAVE to follow these guide lines but you can.

I noticed the more believable stuttering was the stuttering on Js and Bs. Also when you say I-I-I-I but that's like stuttering when you don't know what to say not that you can't spit it out.

When you write dialouge this is what you do for GRAMMER because bad grammer=less readers.

I REPEAT

BAD GRAMMER=LESS READERS

BAD GRAMMER=LESS READERS!!!!!

Good grammer+Good plot+Good characters=Fantastic Story

So Janet wants to tell Jenny she has a cool dress.

"Hey, Jenny," Janet yells across the hall. "I like your dress!"

"Ms. Smith," Mr. Capps exclaimed by his door on one side of Janet. "You should not be yelling in school no matter how much you like a dress."

Ow, harsh, Mr. Capps. He's probably a grammer nazi.

Anyway, notice how the stuff she is saying is surrounded by ""s One at the beginning and one at the end. After she says 'Hey' there is a coma because it is put onto the sentence.

IN-TER-JEC-TIONS!

Interjections!

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah!

Ever seen School House Rock? 'Followed by an exclaimation point or by a coma when the feelings not as strong.' This is talking about those words that you can put on their own like "Ouch!" or "Hey!" or "Quit!" or "Yay!". And if the emotion behind the sentence isn't as strong you put it with a coma: Hey, I like your dress.

Also you put the person's name inbetween comas when you acknowledge them.

Good coma and names:

So me and my girlfriend, Penny, went to the movies.

So, Brad, would you like to go on a date with me?

I like your dress, Jenny.

Bad comas and names:

, Jenny, and, I,

Writing a coma you put the coma right behind the last word/letter then a space and your next work. Example:

Yo, man, where were you?

See, that is smart.

Unmarried girl is Miss or Ms. like Ms. Smith. The M in Ms and the S in Smith are capitalized.

A Married woman is Misses or Mrs. I don't know how they got the r but oh well. Mrs. is used like your evil teacher, Mrs. Gates, who you can't believe is married.

Thought both married and unmarried men are Mr. a married man is a Mister while an unmarried man is a Master.

Unmarried Girl-Ms. or Miss (Senorita)

Umarried Man-Mr. or Master (Senor)

Married Woman-Mrs. or Misses (Senora)

Married Man-Mr. or Mister (Senor)

He he, Spanish is awesome right?

I don't speak Spanish.