Chapter 4

Oh, you want me to accept that my mom is going to die? Who says that? Nikki knows how I feel about my mom having cancer. I try not to talk about it, but it always seems to come up. I just don't understand how she expects me to accept that my mom will die one day. No one wants to accept that! You could ask anyone if they would want to accept that and they would agree with me.

I weave my way through the crowds easily. When you work at Disney, you know all of the shortcuts. It makes getting through the crowds much easier.  I'm not going back to the dressing room. Tanner and Nikki will most likely head back there. I do not want to talk to them.

My stomach growls loudly. I didn't get to finish my lunch. I'll have to grab something on my way to my little hiding place. The place I go isn't really a hiding place. It's just a shortcut from Tomorrowland to the train station in Fantansyland. Most people that come to Magic Kingdom doesn't know about the shortcut. It's very peaceful back there.

Right now, I just want to be alone.

I keep my head down as I weave through Tomorrowland as I make my way to the shortcut. My body collides into something hard, causing me to stumble backwards. Two arms, covered in long black sleeves, reach out to steady me before I can fall. My head snaps up to see who I ran into. That's what I get for walking around with my head down. By the size of the person's hands, I'm assuming the person I ran into is a guy.

"I'm so sorry, love." A British accent comes from the guy in front of me.

I love British accents! A smile instantly creeps along my face as I try to catch a glimpse of the guy's face. Unfortunately, his face is covered by a black hood and black Ray Bans. How is he not sweating to death? It's insanely hot out.

"It's okay." I run a hand through my hair.

Am I the only one in the park that finds a guy in a black jacket with the hood up and black glasses a little creepy? Disney is supposed to be a colorful and happy place. This guy looks a bit depressing in all black. Maybe he doesn't understand that you are supposed to dress for hot weather. He obviously isn't from Florida with his British accent.

"Aren't you hot?" I blurt, pointing to his jacket.

The corners of his lips turn up into a smirk. Oh. That was not how I meant that. He is probably one of those guys with a huge ego.

"I meant because you're wearing a black jacket. This is Florida. It's always hot out." I correct myself, feeling my cheeks heat up.

Very smooth, Aria. This is turning awkward fast.

"I know what you meant, love." He smiles at me. He frowns and clears his throat. "My name's..." The guy looks around the area. "Tom." He says in a deeper voice.

Where did his British accent go? He sounds American now.

"Tom?" I raise an eyebrow at him, questioningly.

I glance over my shoulder to see a sign that says 'Tom Sawyer's Island' with an arrow pointing in the direction. He definitely made that name up. Why would he lie about his name? Or sound British one moment and than American the next? Oh gosh. Don't tell me that this guy is going to kidnap me.

"Yeah. It's been passed down from generation to generation."  'Tom' tells me.

"Okay." I step around him to continue walking.

"Wait!" Tom yells at me. "You're not going to tell me your name?"

I spin back around to face him. "I don't think that's a very good idea."

Tom frowns. "Why not?"

"Well, for one thing, you are obviously lying about your name. Second, you are dressed in all black with the hood over your head and dark glasses. Normal people don't come to Disney dressed like you. You are the walking definition of a creeper. No offense. So, I'm just going to walk away like nothing happened." I explain to him and start to walk away again.