Eleven Minutes

"Wake up sweetheart!"

"Please! I love you." 

"You can't leave me like this. I've lost everyone baby."

"I can't lose you too, please just wake up!"

Maya grasps on to his hand and begins to clutch at it with everything she had. She could feel her throat hollowing and her body suffocating from her lack of ability to breathe. It's like a noose is tangling around her neck and she can't break free. Her lungs felt like they where suppressing in and her stomach was becoming heavy. The walls were caving in on her slowly with its pathetic blue tinted paint. The smell was sickening, that dead smell that always filled hospital wings. She was trying to grab for him. Her fingers trailed over parts of his body and stabbed into the sheets he lay in. She was weakening and her vision was becoming blurry because of the tears running down her cheeks.

"Maya, stop, it's not helping anyone, calm down, please stop! I beg of you." Katie holds on to her waist and tries to pull her away as someone else coos in Mayas ear to calm her down. She'd been like this for hours. Her body was so cold in comparison to his. He'd been dead for hours but would always be so much warmer than her. She felt like he was fading out on her, or she was fading out on him and the grasp she was desperately trying to keep with her was fading quickly.

"He can't leave me, Katie, I love him." Maya begins to cry out in pain, with her body trying to give up its fight with the emotions running through her body.

"I know, I know." She chokes out and takes a heavier grip on Maya's shoulders. With the aid of someone else, they pull her off of the body.

"Miss Summers, he's been dead for over an hour, we ask you to leave the room, please. We couldn't force you out before but now I must!" That someone hisses in her ear and she is pulled completely from his skin. The lost contact numbs her.

"He can't be dead. He was the only one left." She murmurs quietly, defeated. Her once bright eyes hollowed and as her sentence trailed off everyone in the room could feel that her soul had been crushed. This must be a dream she thought.