2

~Juno's POV~

When I got home from school, I went up and hid in my room until Luke was gone and I heard my mom downstairs. The second that I was sure she was home, I climbed out of bed and headed downstairs into the living room, finding her on the couch while Anais crawled around on the floor.

"Mom?" I asked, entering the living room. The sound of my voice made her look up at me and she smiled. "Hi, honey. Is everything okay? How'd your day go?" She asked me, and I smiled softly as I joined her on our leather couch, shrugging my shoulders. "It was pretty boring." I admitted, curling my legs up under me on the couch. She smiled and I asked the question that had been on my mind since I got home. "Why did you change babysitters? I mean, what about Nylah? She was sweet and she loved Anais." I frowned, cocking my head to the side in confusion.

My mom smiled at me and shifted, facing me more. "She decided to stop babysitting, June. I know you really liked her, but I had to get a new babysitter to replace her." She said, making me sigh in disappointment. "Are you sure he's a good fit, though?" I asked as I looked down at Anais, worried. Mom cocked a brow up at me and nodded her head, crossing her legs over one another. "Yes, I am. He's a respectful young man, honey, and he seems like he's very good with kids. There's nothing to worry about." She assured me, giving me a smile. However, I just frowned, unsure about that. "Mom, we don't even know him." I said, causing her to give me a scolding look. "We didn't know Nylah either before she started babysitting for us." She retorted. "Now let it go. I'm not going to dismiss him just because you want me to." She said firmly. I sighed deeply and crossed my arms over my chest, looking down at my lap with a frown. "Fine." I mumbled, deciding to let it go.

I got up from the couch and headed back upstairs, deciding that there was really no point in talking about this anymore. Maybe mom was rights anyways, and I was just being silly. Maybe he really did like and get along with kids, maybe he was a good fit with Anais.

**

On Thursday morning, I woke up and rolled out of bed, reluctantly abandoning the warmth that it surrounded me with under my warm blankets. I rubbed my eyes as I walked into my bathroom, knowing that I'd have to go check on Anais after my shower, just to be sure that she was still asleep.

Wanting to be quick so my mom wouldn't be mad at me for not checking on time like I was always supposed to, I made sure to take as quick of a shower as I could and then got out, drying off with my towel. I left my bathroom and was greeted by the cool air as I entered my bedroom, making goosebumps rise on my skin. I went over to my vanity to quickly do my makeup, sitting at the small table and beginning to do my usual makeup routine. My eyes met my own reflection in the mirror, peering into my own eyes as I clicked on the lights around the edge of the mirror, lighting up the area more.

I frowned when I saw the small mole and freckles that I had on my face, the mole on my left cheekbone and the freckles across my nose. They were light, but they were noticeable without any makeup over them, especially on my pale skin. For some reason, I didn't like my freckles the most. As a kid, other boys and girls used to make fun of me for them, and I suppose it was easier to hate them when people made fun of me for them.

But even with the fact that I didn't like my freckles or my mole, I still thought that I was pretty. My hair was dyed an icy silver, a contrast from the natural brown that I was born with, and I left my brows their natural light brown. I was not about to dye my brows silver, or dye my brows at all, actually. Even though my skin was pale, I was surprised that the iciness of my silver hair didn't make me look like a ghost. It actually complimented me quite well.

My hair was long, reaching down to the middle of my back, and I had a sharp jaw with full lips. Although my nose wasn't my favorite feature either, it was straight and a little upturned at the tip, with blue eyes right above and my brows arched nicely. I would admit, though, that I had quite nice cheekbones. My bone structure in my face was nice in general, I thought.