30: Confused

I walked inside the house and pushed the button of my elevator. I just leaned against the door, lost. Lost in him. He cares so much. He loves me. So much that maybe even I don't love him to that extent.

The elevator reached the ground floor and the door opened. I just looked at the elevator and walked off to the stairs. Don't know what had gotten into me, and I began walking up the stairs, despite the fact that I hate doing so. His effect, I guess.

I opened the door to my room and walked to my bed. I was about to lie down but I remembered I had to finish my Biology homework. I sulked, getting off the bed as I headed for my backpack. I unzipped it and was about to reach for the book when my eyes widened at the sight of something else.

I reached into the bag to reveal a rose, a customized card, and a small teddy bear.I instantly smiled at the thought.

Shehryaar.

I took the stuff and walked to the bed. Lying on my front I gently picked up the rose and sniffed into it. Its beautiful fragrance enriched the air reaching into my nostrils.

I hugged the teddy bear and put my chin on its soft little tummy as I slowly and carefully opened up the card.

I squealed and smiled like an idiot as I read through.

Hey Nida.

A very happy birthday to the sweetest, prettiest, and most charming girl alive <3 I know, I know I should've handed it to you myself, but...I couldn't because you were occupied with Shehry.....

My eyes widened at the Shehry part and that wide smile had faded away in an instant. Whoa ! WHAT ?! Wait, if this isn't Shehry then, who is it? I quickly looked back down with a shocked expression on my face.

And I thought it wise not to ruin the moments you were having with him. See, I told you, you loved him. Mujhe pagal samjha tha kia? :p.....

I giggled at the last phrase. This is definitely Harry. Haan Harry. Theek kaha tha tumne.

Anyways. I hope you have a great birthday and get all the happiness you want in life, forever and always, beautiful.

I love you....a lot, but it hurts a little.

(Guess who?)

My heart skipped a beat at the last sentence. Harry....but why?

I love Shehryaar. You can't do this to me. I can't bear the fact that you love me and I don't love you back.

Just stop loving me yaar. You're an amazing person, inside and out, and I just can't see you like this. There are tons other girls who love you. Try to talk to them. Why me? Even when you know I love Shehry and he loves me, too.

I sighed deeply and sat up. That sleep which I longed for had vanished as a strange kind of sadness overtook me.

I wanted to talk to Shehry about this. Nahi! Woh to nuclear bomb ki tarha uss pe baras jaaye ga. I'll just wait then. Wait and see what time unfolds.

I walked over to my closet and looked at the Siddharth Malhotra poster in my room. I smirked.

"Ab nahi, Sid jee. Ab to sirf Shehry ka junoon hai. Ab teri iss muskurahat aur in abs pe nahi marti mein." I laughed to myself and slowly took off the poster and instead, placed an enlarged picture of Shehry, from that Blessings Of Ramadan video of his.

Aah ! So much of class in that one picture. I smiled and changed into my nightsuit. Strolling out of the closet and back to my bed, I caught sight of the rose and teddy bear and my heart just sank.