74: Blessed

Hussain's POV:

"And now, for the last performance of the night, I'd like to call an outstanding student of UCLA's Film making and Direction Department, an aspiring actor and director, and most importantly, my very own talented brother.....Shehryaar Asif !!!" My voice boomed through the hall as Shehry was welcomed by tons of applause and cheers.

I glanced at the audience one last time before heading backstage and saw mom, dad and Maha their happiest as they stood in their seats.

I smiled broadly at them as I sprinted backstage to find them hugging.

"Saale, yeh jhappiyaan baad mein daaleen, pehlay performance de kar aa." I laughed and he chuckled.

Nida was all dressed up as the girl who was supposed to perform the dance number with Shehry. Okay WHAT ?!

"Yo, where's your dance partner?!" I asked in plain shock.

"Right here." He winked at Nida and she smiled nervously before heading to the stage with him.

"That idiot Lina broke her leg." Hafsa made a face explaining the situation. "I'm kinda worried about Nida, she had just once seen the dance steps. What if she isn't able to manage? Aur uppar se..." Hafsa bit her nails, worried and I pinched her cheek.

"Event organizer saahiba, aap tension na lein. Sab ho jaye ga." I put my hands on her shoulders and she smiled.

"I hope so." She pressed her lips together in a thin line and I hugged her, trying to calm her down. She sighed, hugging back.

I could hear loud music in the background and loads of cheers.

"Looks like they've started. Come on." I took her hand and ran with her to the side of the stage where we could clearly see them both.

They looked simply phenomenal together. It was so fascinating the way Nida followed up with his movements with absolute perfection.

Lines lagi hui thi dancers ki, saale ne apni biwi ko hi chunna tha aur uss ki haalat ka bhi na socha. Chalo koi nahi, aakhir baap banne ki khabar sun kar celebrate to karna banta hai na. And what better way to celebrate, than treat your wife to a nice Bollywood romantic number.

Nida's POV:

It's been almost two and a half years to our marriage and I've never been happier. I just yesterday found out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I just cannot absorb this much excitement and pleasure.

Shehry's surprise and happiness is beyond inexplicable. He literally shed a tear yesterday when I told him the good news. That smile on his face will always remain cherished in my memories for a lifetime. Beyond beautiful.

He's been quite busy lately with his university's assignments and an external project that he's begun working on with a famous director but still manages time for us and makes sure we go out and have fun the way we've always had. Except this time, he's a bit more careful, making sure I eat the right stuff and take extra care of myself.

Just yesterday night, at around 2 am, he got a call from his dance partner Lina, who said she broke her leg and couldn't make it for the performance tomorrow. He was quite worried and disappointed so I thought, why not.

He almost yelled at me when I asked him if he could make me his dance partner for the PSA show at his university tomorrow. After hours and hours of continuous pleading even in the morning, he finally and reluctantly agreed to it and we had a few rehearsals in the morning with him teaching me the steps.

Well, I had my share of morning sickness and to say he didn't notice my pale face would be an utter lie. I reassured him that I was perfectly fine but well...maane ga kahaan? I even threw up, but thank God he wasn't around, or he'd never let me do this performance.