20: Love Triangle?

Nida's POV:

I couldn't sleep as I just lay in bed, crying silently. I wish Sara was here. She'd hear me out and give me advice, but she was out of the States with Aamir bhai, and won't be back until after a month.

Suddenly, my phone starts ringing. It was Harry.

I picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey Nida." He says cheerfully. "Did I wake you?"

"No no. I was already awake. How's everything?" I ask, trying to stabilize my shaky tone.

"I'm okay. But...you're not." He says, growing suspicious. "What's wrong Nida?" He asks, worriedly.

"Nothing. Just feeling a little out of place." I reply, wiping off my tears.

He sighs. "Can I come see you right now? It's important. It's about the Chemistry project."

My eyes widened. "Umm... we are meeting after school for the project tomorrow, aren't we?" I remind him.

"Nida, the project is due day after tomorrow and we're still far from completing it. I need to discuss a few things and the rest we can do tomorrow. I won't take much of your time. I promise." He says.

"Okay. I'll send you the address." I reluctantly agreed. I didn't want to refuse. I mean I really want to win this Chemistry competition. It'll add a lot to my total.

"Thanks. I'll bring the apparatus along. See you in a few." He says sweetly and we hang up.

I walked to the bathroom and washed my face, so I looked a little human after all that sobbing. I wore a hoodie on top of my shirt and changed into comfortable sweatpants.

I stood in front of the mirror and observe my hair which were a mess. I touched my locks and it reminded me of him instantly. The way he caressed them away from my face as the wind flew by. I felt like crying again but contained myself as I brushed away the tangles.

The minute I left my dresser, my phone buzzed, informing me of his arrival, since I asked him not to ring the doorbell, as my parents were asleep.

I went downstairs and opened the door. He stood there without any apparatus. Umm...we needed the apparatus, right? Is the stuff in his car?

Instead of the apparatus, he stood there with a bouquet of fresh jasmines in his hand. I glanced at him and smiled at the sweet gesture.

He smiled back, saying. "Hi."

He handed me the bouquet and I moved aside for him to enter.

"Thanks for the flowers. But uh....the apparatus?" I furrowed.

"Oh..the apparatus." He chuckled, looking down and I furrowed once again, confused.

"I just came to make sure how you were feeling. Which....according to me, is not okay." He says, walking closer to me.

"I'm okay." I reply in a slightly shaky tone as I was again reminded of Shehry.

"No you're not. Filmy heroines ki tarha, apni feelings nahi chupa karte." He says, looking directly into my eyes, messing up his Urdu.

I giggled. "Caught you. Chupaaya." I correct him.

He laughs. "Okay okay, madam. Now tell me, kia hua hai?" He asks, still standing in front of me.

I sit down and gesture him to sit too. "Kuch nahi hua." I smiled.

He pouts. "Kuch to hua hai."

"Harry, nothing's up man." I look away.