Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One:

"Light, Light" I shouted for my brother. I was trapped in pure darkness, no walls, no furniture nothing. I didn't know where I was. I stood up straining my eyes beginning to see, my eyes began to adjust. I was confused, there was nothing. I was surrounded by nothing.

I looked behind me seeing my brother. I was confused. He looked straight ahead almost seeing an unseen enemy "They are coming" he said before running straight towards me but it was as though he couldn't see me. There was pain in his voice.

I tried to move but I was stuck in place. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs. I looked down seeing Light's claws stuck into my flesh. I felt myself begin to choke on blood, the taste was awful. I gave him a questioning look, a disbelieving look. I vomited more blood up "You are the enemy" he stated before letting my body drop to the floor

I am the enemy?

I gasped for air as my eyes shot open. I looked around assessing where I was, taking in every detail of the room to give me some clarity. I saw I was in a... infirmary of some sort. There were a lot of wounded people. Vampires with legs blown off from what I guess bombs. Black Dogs spewing up black liquid.

I was terrified, what was going on out there? In the war, why were there so many wounded people. I got up pulling out the needles that were in my arms. I looked over at the Vampires who were desperately fighting for their lives, I wanted to go over to them and help them.

"What can I do to help?" I asked the Vampire who was screaming out in pain. I couldn't watch all of them in pain like this. It was as though they were being left for dead and I hated that. What was Light doing, Why isn't he helping those who are fighting desperately for his vision to come true

The Vampire grabbed my wrist and sank his fangs into it. I grunted as he took some of my blood. Already I could see that his wounds were healing a lot faster than I expected. He not had a new light in his eyes, a new kind of passion "Thank you" he whispered to me before falling asleep.

I helped as much other Vampires with there wounds by giving them my blood. I didn't work for the Black Dogs however. I don't know what kind of gas they were given to make them spew up the black liquid, I've never seen such a sight before.

I went up to a Black Dog that looked no more than ten. He was in very bad shape "Can you hear me?" I asked him as I touched his cheek. He vomited more of the black liquid up. I felt so bad for him, there were young ones down here and I wanted to scream at Light for answers but I knew even if I had done that he would never give them to me

He looked up at me with black eyes, it was as though I was looking into his soul. I wanted to know how to comfort him, to make him feel better about the whole situation that he was in. He nodded to me nuzzling my hand. I held back tears. This is what Light was subjecting those who blindly followed him to go into a war that was not there own.

"Are you a solider?" I asked him unsure if he could actually fight. What if there were now attacks on the civilians that had no part of this?

He shook his head "They" he started but coughed "They... started it. They invaded" he told me before crying hysterically. I pulled the boy into my chest to let out his grief. For all I knew someone in his family could have died "I.. hate them" He almost screamed. I held him even more tightly

This whole thing came on like a sudden blizzard and it seemed to only get worse. Was this why Light had grabbed me before this war started, so I wasn't caught in the middle of it, or rather used as a bargaining chip.

"I want everything" he paused as we saw Light enter the room. His eyes looked to my bed at first, a sudden look of panic on his face before he scanned the room seeing me. He walked over. The boy gripped onto me tighter sinking his claws into my chest.

"Hunter, you are supposed to be resting" he told me before looking at the boy "What are you doing?" he asked me confused

"I'm fine Light. I was comforting him, he's dying" I told him as I looked down at the boy, more of the black liquid was seeping out of his mouth and onto my shirt

"Hunter, follow me. We don't have time for this, he's being looked after" He tried to convince me but I knew that he wasn't. There was no one down here. They all had been left for dead of if they healed they went straight back out into the battlefield 

"I'm not going" I told him firmly

"If you don't come with me now, you two are both dead" he threatened. I gulped. I couldn't just leave him here for dead, not like this. Any of these people couldn't be left here to die. It wasn't right.

I looked down at the boy "I'll come back" I told him before putting him back down onto the bed. He looked sad, terrified and there was nothing I could do to fix that "I promise, as long as I am alive I will come back for you" I ruffled his hair before looking back to Light.

Light motioned me to follow him so I did, left with absolutely no other choice and I hated that. Being backed into a corner, being used is not something I feel good about. "Where are we going?" I asked him. I looked at his face but it revealed nothing to me. His face was hard leaving no expression.

I wanted to ask him again to press for more answers but I wasn't sure that was a good idea "Light, whats going on out there?" I asked another question

I saw Lights body language showing me that he was mad "Listen here Hunter and listen really well. I don't have to answer a damn question you have for me" He glared at me from out of the corner of his eyes. He made me feel weak, he made me feel helpless in this whole situation. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into and that terrified the hell out of me.

I cringed at the thought of what was happening on the outside, yet I wanted to fight because I knew that what Light was fighting for was something better than where I was before. The thing was I didn't know if Light would stick by everything that he told me.

 The wall way that we were walking down was creepy. I had a bad feeling in my gut. I never doubted my instincts and what they were telling me was wherever Light was taking me, it was bad news. I gulped looking at Light for any give away of where he might be leading me. 

I slowed down my pace seeing if he noticed. Then I bolted the other way for my life, I didn't know where I was heading but it must be better than wherever Light was leading me. I felt myself being slammed down to the ground. I struggled to get free "Hunter" I heard Light's angry voice "Stop this" he punched me in the stomach, enough that I could already feel a bruise forming.

Light unsheathed his claws, they were inches away from my neck. I stopped struggling afraid that he might kill me "Good" Light smiled before stabbing me in the shoulder. I held back the scream that wanted to be let free and simply whimpered. Light grabbed my upper arm with a painful grip

"Light please" I tried to push him off of me "I don't want to" I told him "Wherever you are taking me, I don't want to go" I stopped walking but all that happened was Light dragging me. I couldn't stop what was about to come and boy did I have a bad feeling.