sea horse.

jeno was taking orders for customers when he looked up to see the familiar pink haired figure, standing in an awkward position, his eyes wide and his lips tight. he waved and jeno couldn't help but grin.

jaemin was dressed quite different than what jeno expected. the first time they've encountered each other, at the Den, jeno remembers the boy wearing nothing but a plain white t shirt and a pair of pajama pants, topping with that hideous trench coat. his hair was a mess, as if he hasn't touched a comb in days, and jeno really believed that jaemin was just one who was more... casual... than others.

today, jaemin's hair was slicked back and his outfit was more elaborate. his style was more grunge, a style jeno likes. jeno could notice two piercings on jaemins left ear that he hadn't notice before. his look was a new type of fierce.

as jaemin seated himself at an empty booth, jeno could notice from afar that

apparently jeno's eyes had lingered on the boy for so long that he hadn't heard one table calling for him to order. he snapped back into reality and strolled over to the table, which was full of young girls, all shifting their attention on him. he was confused as to why they were all suddenly staring at him with smirks on their faces, but he disregarded the looks and proceeded to smile and take their order.

"hello ladies," jeno began, and he heard a few giggles from the girls. "are you ready to take your order?"

"yeah, we are," one girl spoke up. she seemed to be centered around this herd, so jeno assumed she must be their ring leader. there was always a ring leader of a group, the one who shone the most. her visuals were ethereal, her long silky hair was tied back and bangs were parted to the sides to show off the chocolate brown eyes. her lips were tainted with red and jeno was fond of it. she was almost an ideal type for him.

as she listed the orders for her friends, she kept giving jeno these quick glances, and each time their eyes locked, jeno would quickly look down on his notepad and continue scribbling down their orders. he still felt the girl's eyes on him and it made jeno wonder if there was something on him.

she paused and as soon as jeno's eyes moved away from the notepad their eyes were locked in a gaze once again. her sleek hair was curling around her finger, and the girl subtly bit her lip, the vibrant red of the lipstick slightly staining her front tooth. a smile was plastered on jeno's face. he wasn't sure who she was, but jeno realized how well she was at catching someone's eye.

"hey cutie...." she said while batting her lashes. "since you work here, could you recommend me a good dish for me? on this menu?"

jeno nodded with a stupid grin plastered on his face, his eyes shaping into crescent moons. he could hear a few girls squeal and kept in the laugh ready to escape.

i probably look like an idiot right now. can't believe i'm embarrassing myself in front of these girls.

brushing his thoughts away, he responded, "sure thing, let's see here..."

as they chatted away about what started off about the menu, to jeno's face reddening at compliments the girl kept throwing at him, he could barely notice the deep stares a certain boy was giving him from the far corner of the cafe.

jaemin watched jeno walk away from the table of girls and to the back of the restaurant in a hurry. he then glanced back at those girl's table, listening to the squeals and giggles.

"you totally got him wrapped around your finger, sohee!" jaemin heard one girl screeched to her beautiful friend. the sohee girl simply shrugged and the group of girls continued to chatter while waiting for their meals to arrive.