out.

11:59 pm. lee jeno couldnt handle the feeling of being trapped in his house for hours, so he decided to get the hell out and grabbed his keys from his room.

trying to avoid making any sound, jeno tip-toed his way down the stairs, making sure the creaks of the wooden floor would not cause a stir for his parents, who were sound asleep and oblivious of the numerous times jeno would sneak out just to drive. as soon as he slipped on his shoes and made it to the door, he heard a faint whisper:

"jeno, why are you trying to leave so late at night?"

recognizing the familiar calm voice, he gritted his teeth and spun around to see his older brother, jung jaehyun, seated in the living room. the bright light of jaehyun's laptop sprawled on the coffee table and illuminating his face was the only source of light that helped jeno see the slight disappointment in his older brother's face.

"gee, wouldnt you like to know," jeno replied sarcastically, with rolling eyes. he despised the way his older brother would always butt his nose in other people's business, even though jeno knew it was just a simple habit jaehyun picked up for the people he cares about. jaehyun was always seen as the "exceptional" and "prodigious" child of the house for as long as jeno could remember, and he could see why people think jaehyun was amazing. he just graduated from SMU as a lawyer and was already hired to an agency in an instant. his hard work paid off well, and his parents want the same from jeno as well, who just recently got into the same university.

jeno eased up a little and sighed. "im just going to the dance studio. i have a piece to work on and i wanted to spend extra time working on it. now if you'll excuse me..."

"wait." jaehyun said in a stern voice. jeno knew what this meant. "you're not lying... are you?"

jeno was indeed lying. he was low on weed and was going to grab a quick bag before anyone even knew he left the house.

"why does it fucking matter if i'm lying or not?" jeno seethed, making sure his parents couldn't hear. "i'm 19 years old, i dont need you babying me 24/7."

jaehyun snapped back. "you know you cant go running around doing stupid shit, jeno. you could get hurt from it."

"i can do whatever the fuck i want." jeno chuckled, and opened the door to leave. "see this? i just did."

and with that, he exited the house, leaving jeno with a satisfied look on his face, and jaehyun in a perplexed state in the living room.

sent 12:46 pm

jeno: mark

jeno: mark

jeno: mark are you fucking here

mark: what the hell do you want

mark: its almost 1 am this better be good.

jeno: can you cashapp me money

mark: okay goodnight jeno

jeno: nooo omg mark :( i need money.

jeno: i just arrived at the Den and i forgot to get money when i left the house.

mark: are you buying some weed?

jeno: ofc dumbass. you think i would hang at the Den just for fun? theres weird ass people here.

jeno: just saw a lady screaming about how chlamydia is gonna end the world. shes probably on ecstasy.

*ping*

CASHAPP: "mark" sent $50.00 to your account!

mark: piece of shit, you owe me now. why the fuck couldnt you get your own money?

jeno: my mind forgot to grab it as i left. besides, my asshat of a brother tried to stop me earlier.

mark: you mean jaehyun? i still dont understand how you despise him so much.

jeno: you know exactly why i hate him :/

mark: ... you still dont forgive him, do you?

read 1:10 am.