Chapter 1

"Stop mommy! Stop!" I cried. She threw me on the ground and proceeded to kick my back. "How dare you walk into the kitchen when I told you to stay in your room!" She screamed. "I'm sorry.." I choked out, before coughing out blood. She stopped "Good, now have you learned your lesson?" She asked harshly while grabbing my chin close to her face. "Y-yes" I stuttered in a quiet voice. She smiled wickedly and slapped me hard onto the ground before speaking again. "Fine, now.. GO TO YOUR ROOM!" I nodded and used as much of the strength I had left to get up, slowly. "NOW!" She yelled again and kicked me back to the ground. I didn't hesitate to crawl away as fast as I could this time.

I threw myself on my mattress. I had no bed frame, just the mattress. My 'mother' slammed the door shut and locked it. I spat at the door and wiped the blood on my mouth. I was hungry, that's why I went to the kitchen. I wanted to save MY food. I opened my closet and grabbed what's left of a lemon cake I snatched from my grandmothers house. I didn't eat it all, I left some for later. I laid myself on my bed and I said "God, if you are real, why don't you help me?Why did you create me? Why do let my mother hurt me? She is pained, I understand, but why must she be so cruel?" I ask him this everyday, and the cycle goes on..

Deep in my thoughts I fell asleep.

* 2 hours later

I woke up on my mattress, and shook my head. "This is no dream after all." I whispered. I got up and looked into the small key hole in my doorknob and snuck a peak beyond my walls. I saw my mother on the couch drinking bottle of beer, empty bottles were scattered across the floor. 'Great' I thought, I have a few days to myself before she checks up on me again. I grabbed a bobby pin and picked the lock I walked into the room and she was passed out. I grinned and grabbed her purse with all her money in it and left.

Yes, this is my life. I'm Skylar Warren, I'm 12 years old. My mother is a drunk and abuses me. I have no friends, no one cares for me. My grandmother was a drug addict that died of an overdose last week, actually. My father died before I was born, he killed himself. My mother tells me it is because he didn't want a child. That is it my fault, she says she should've aborted me, but was pressured into keeping me. I go to school every once and a while, but that doesn't make it an escape. From my mother, yes, from life? No...

______________________
A/N: Hi! So this is my first REAL story.
I hope it wasn't too boring. This is just an introduction to Skylar's life. So I will make more chapters and I hope you will take the time and read the story as we go on. I'm sorry if this chapter was short, I will make longer ones so don't give up on me yet. So see you soon!
I'm not very good at descriptions I know.. Just bear with me here..
______________________
- Vanessa