Himitsu Keisatsu *KH FF WWYFF* {22}

He stared for a moment, and then said something.

“You really wanna know? Because the story isn't so pleasant.” He said. How was it unpleasant? What happened? That’s what I was going to find out, whether the story was unpleasant or not.

“Tell me.” I said, as he continued to stare at me. He then straightened himself and nodded.

“Fine.” He said simply. There wasn't any hesitation, no trace of uncertainty, nothing. He seemed utterly okay with telling me. I frowned.

“Why…are you agreeing to tell me so quickly? We just met, and yet you’re going to give me this information…why?” I asked, before he had a chance to continue. He gazed for a moment, and then answered.

“You’re Sora’s friend, and Ventus seems to trust you." He replied. "Then, there’s also the possibility that you'd probably get the information another way. Because that seems like you. And, you seem genuinely worried for those two. I figure you have a right to know.”

I didn’t say anything. He didn’t seem like he was lying, but…there was something else, I knew it. But I decided to drop the subject and nodded. He then went on to explaining.

“Ventus already told you about what happened with his side. He told you about what happened with Terra and that he died. But, he didn’t explain Aqua or how Terra died.” He said, causing my eyes to widen. He started off with her, first…along with Terra’s death.

“Aqua, as I was told by an old…acquaintance...of mine, was in love with Terra. They were in a relationship for a while. But, he didn’t die.” My eyes widened again in shock.

“What?!” Riku carried on, despite my outburst.

“Terra’s heart is actually just at war with someone else’s. And, currently, there are only a few guesses as to where it is. That is Aqua’s reason for joining. Aqua still loves him. Himitsu Keisatsu offered her something she couldn’t refuse: the various locations of where Terra’s heart could be. So long as she joined them and got both Ventus and Sora to join them as well, she would be able to find Terra soon enough. She knew the risks, but she didn’t care.”

I couldn’t believe it…Aqua risked hers, Ven’s, and Sora’s life, just to save Terra’s heart. Though some might have thought the gesture was romantic or brave, I thought it was stupid. How could she do that to Ven and Sora? 

“Aqua doesn’t remember the locations of Terra’s heart." He said. "You see, Aqua ended up falling into the darkness trying to save Terra from it. She both succeeded and failed in doing so. She sacrificed her armor and her Keyblade in order to save Terra, and was away – only her armor staying – for seven years. Then, she finally woke up – armor, Keyblade and all. She could only assume that Terra’s heart had finally died out. But Himitsu Keisatsu convinced her otherwise. They were right about Terra’s heart being alive, and they had the locations based on pure facts…but it was all just to convince her to join their side before Organization XIII found her and killed her.” I frowned.

“I see. So that’s why she joined.” I said, and he nodded.

“Then…came the deceit.” He added, a dark tone in his voice. Then I figured that that meant he was getting to how Sora was forced to join, along with Ven. Ven told me that after he beat Reno, Aqua showed up and took Sora, and he woke up seeing Vanitas. I listened to Riku, not saying a word.

“When Ventus came to, he saved Sora…but only for a moment. Aqua beat him and tried to take Sora away.” I was confused at that.

“'Tried'?” He nodded.

“I came at the exact moment Aqua opened the pod. We fought and fought, but we were equally matched. When we looked to see Sora, we saw that he was gone. Although I hated her for doing that to Sora, after he was slowly gaining his memories back…I needed her to guide me through the place, since she was the one who created it. When we did, he had already made it outside, and it was too late. Sora had joined Himitsu Keisatsu, without even realizing what was at stake. I left before he could see me. It didn’t matter if he remembered me or if he didn't. I couldn’t face him. Not with the way I was.” He said somberly, and I frowned. At that moment, I remembered what Leon said. 'He knew a thing or two about the darkness’…then…that means…