CHapter 10

I am awoken to a quiet tapping on the door. I pull myself up and open it. There stands three girls and a boy.

"Hey." I whisper

"Hi." says a girl about my age. She has long blonde hair that is dip dyed red, and brown eyes. "WElcome to Burning Ham!" she says, with a small smile. I rub the tear stains off my face. I choke out a laugh.

"burning ham?" I ask.

"Well, don't you smell it?" the girl says. I sniff the air and get a large whiff of something like pork.

'Ya, I do!" I exclaim.

"My name is Cheyna. This is Richa, and Teresa." She says, pointing to the two other girls. The first one, Richa, has mediuim-length, dark brown hair and pretty brown eyes, and is pretty tall, while Teresa has bangs and brown hair and eyes, but is a little smaller.

I hear barking and paws running across the musty hardwood flooring. May and June are the only beings in the building that need to run to get from one end of the small room to the other. May and June come jumping out of my room and onto Teresa, Richa, Cheyna, and the boy.

"O mi goodness! I love puppies!" cries Cheyna.

"Their names are May and June."I smile. "And I'm Skye."

"Oh, ya, this is my twin brother, Charlie." Cheyna says, pointing to the boy who picks up may. He waves, and starts stroking her behind the ears. as I look closer, I notice alot of similarities between Cheyna and Charlie.

"There are no dogs in this whole house." sighs Cheyna as she picks up June.

"Well, there is no way that I am giving up May and June. If they leave, I leave." I say.

"Oh, don't worry. judy is really nice. She'll let you keep them." Richa reassures me.

"Okay, great. That reminds me. I need to walk them now" I say as I walk into the room and grab their leashes. I snap them onto the collars and start to walk down the hall.

"Can we come with you?" I hear Teresa ask.

'Of course guys!" I say and we walk dwn the stairs together. When we get to the lobby, the four of them grab some weird bracelets that snap onto their wrists with a click.

"What are those?" I ask

"Trackers. THey need to make sure that we aren't just going to run away. Put on one, so we can get Judy to activate them." Charlie answers. I snap one on. The metal is cold against my skin.

"Hey Judy! We're going on a walk with skye and her dogs." Cheyna says brightly.

"Hmmm, I not so sure about that." Judy says, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Don't worry, she's with us." Cheyna says confidently.

"Alright." Judy agrees. and presses a button on each of the trackers. When she presses mine, I hear the click of a miniscule lock, and the beep as a dot appears on her computer screen. "You have 20 minutes." she sighs.