Ch.6

Brett did not realize how small Eddy's king single bed was for two guys until he lay on his side next to Eddy. He rested his chin on his hand and placed his elbow on Eddy's pillow.

Their faces were just a few inches apart. Brett could see his reflection in Eddy's beautiful black eyes.

"So, what is it?" Brett asked. He noticed Eddy's hair going in about a million directions and he could smell his shampoo. Eddy's hair smelled like tea tree with a touch of coconut, which is the scent that Brett likes.

Eddy did not know where to begin. His mind was too busy processing the fact that Brett is now lying in his bed with him while being trapped between the wall and Brett's face. Why does he always lose his mind when Brett gets closer?

"Well...I really don't know how to talk about it. Maybe this is a bad idea. Never mind."

"Maybe we can talk about it after you make more sense by yourself first?" Brett did not want to press his friend on it. "Or you can just not telling me at all if you don't feel comfortable doing so. No pressure."

"Yeah, maybe..." 

Eddy seemed to be in the process of making up his mind. "Actually, no. I think it will be helpful to think through it with you."

"Alright. Then just tell me what's on your mind right now. Maybe we can go from there?" Brett encouraged him, trying to ignore his desire of touching Eddy's soft hair or burying his head in the curve of Eddy's neck...wait, what? Ugh, stay focused, Brett! Brett yelled at himself in his head. 

"Uh...OK..." Eddy swallowed his saliva with an effort and took a deep breath before he could begin.

"I have been thinking of the hug that you gave me the other day."

Brett was not expecting this. "Yeah?"  

Maybe Eddy was right. This is a bad idea. His heart was pounding fast. 

"Well, maybe the hug that we gave each other because I also hugged you back."

"R-right."

"Uh, so, yeah, I guess I was surprised." said Eddy with some uncertainty. His cheeks seemed a bit red.

"You were surprised that I hugged you?" Yeah me, too. Brett thought.

"Well, no." Eddy hesitated. "Uh, maybe? We never really hugged each other like that before. But I guess I was more surprised by myself for hugging you back...and I have been thinking...hm..."

Again Eddy paused, swallowing very hard like the rest of his words were all stuck in his throat.

Here comes the uncomfortable silence. Brett almost felt that he could hear the passing of time.

OK. A hug was definitely too much. Brett's hand began to feel clammy against his chin and he could feel sweat beading on his forehead. He definitely messed up by giving Eddy that weird hug. What should he do now? What should he say to Eddy? Should he apologize?

"Eddy, uh, I —"

"Can you hug me again, Brett?"

Brett was not expecting this. At all.

TBC.