f i v e

-
h a r r y

I'm such a wimp. I cried for gods sake! I have to admit, I loved how Zayn was comforting me but.... I'm not weak like that.

I want to mean more to him, to be loved more than just a friend. I cried because of him but not because of what he did, but because of what he didn't do.

ZAYN MALIK IS FUCKING STRAIGHT.

I tell myself that everyday, but some part of me just doesn't want to believe it. I don't want to lose him.

-

"Okay, I have an idea for this song." Niall said, throwing his arm around Louis' neck, pulling him closer.

"It's called Night Changes. I have the first verse and the chorus but that's it." Niall continued. He pulled a paper out of his bag and placed it onto the coffee table in front of him.

Going out tonight
Changes into something red
Her mother doesn't like that kind of dress
Everything she never had she's showing off

"Wow, it's good Ni." Zayn said. Liam and I nodded in agreement and Louis kissed his cheek encouragingly.

"For the chorus, I was thinking.." He started, pulling out his guitar.

"We're only getting older baby,
And I've been thinking about it lately,
Does it ever drive you crazy,
Just how fast the night changes?
Everything that you've ever dreamed of,
Disappearing when you wake up,
But there's nothing to be afraid of,
Even when the night changes,
It will never change me and you."

"How long did it take you to come up with that?" Zayn asked, smiling. Ni just shook his head and and grinned his famous grin.

"Not very long." He said, blushing slightly. Louis intertwined their fingers and leaned against him. Niall placed his guitar down and sighed.

"I probably should be getting home. My mums probably wondering where I am." Liam said, standing up.

"Yeah, me too. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said, exiting Louis' house quickly. I was still a little upset. I walked down the damp street quietly. I heard footsteps coming from behind me so I turned around to see Zayn fast walking towards me. I sighed. I waited for him to catch up.

"Hey Haz." He said, our arms brushing as we walked.

"Hey." I said, simply. After what happened earlier, I could tell that Zayn was a little hesitant to say much to me, probably worried it'll hurt my feelings. You know me, fragile little Harry Styles. I combed my fingers through my thick curly hair and sighed. Wow, I'm sighing a lot lately.

"I was going to stay at Lou's a bit longer but they started making out so.. I decided to go." Zayn said. I chuckled a little. I love Nouis, I really do but sometimes they just get a bit too gay in public.

"They're so cute together." I said, quietly. Zayn nodded and frowned.

"You don't like Louis right?" He asked. I widened my eyes and stopped walking.

"Of course not, Zayn! Oh my god.." I said, staring him straight in the eyes. I saw a hint of i don't know... maybe happiness? flash across his eyes.

We walked back to our houses in complete silence. We reached my house first and I waved him goodbye and entered. I crashed on the couch immediately and fell asleep, dreaming of Zayn Malik.

-

Knock, knock.

I slumped off the couch and sleepily stumbled to the door. I unlocked it and slowly opened it to reveal a tired looking Zayn.

"Uh, hey Harry." He said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. I could've sworn I saw him blush. I watched as his eyes lingered down my body and back up. I looked down and realized my pants were riding dangerously low on my waist. I quickly pulled them up and invited him inside.

Zayn plopped comfortably on the couch and flicked on the television. Most people would probably think of this as rude, but I've gotten very used to it. He's supposed to be like a brother to me. Ugh, I hate that I have feelings for him.

I joined Zayn on the couch and saw he had turned on the xbox. He was scrolling through my games and clicked on FIFA. He threw me the second controller and we sped into a hardcore game of FIFA. Eventually, I got my butt kicked.... again.

"Ha, Harry you fucking suck!" Zayn screeched while doing his victory roll on the ground in fits of laughter.

"Jesus Zayn, calm your tits." I said, slumping lazily on the couch. He stopped laughing and gave me a fake hurt look.

"I do not have tits!" He screamed. I winced and smirked. He jumped on me and began tickling my sides. I, being extremely ticklish, cowered and tried to escape his grasp. I finally pushed him off me and ran away, hearing his footsteps follow me closely. My house is pretty large and I can remember the countless times we both ran around this house playing tag or hide and seek. I retreated to my room and hid inside my walk-in closet. I cracked the sliding door open a little to spy on Zayn we he arrived. Zayn suddenly emerged from the hallway and slowly made his way to the other side of my room. He looked around carefully and decided I wasn't here.

Until his eyes met mine.

-