Cold (Rob Lucci x Reader)

Tonight was going to be the night it would finally happen – you would make it happen.

As you sat in your room, waiting for him – as usual – you couldn't help your heartbeat from speeding up, the adrenaline rushing through your body.

For months now, you'd been torturing yourself, had given yourself over to him without ever receiving or demanding anything in return.

You couldn't pinpoint when it had started – you'd been working for CP0 for a while now, so it was only natural you'd eventually come into contact with Rob Lucci. You'd heard the stories beforehand, but encountering him in person was a different thing entirely.

He was an interesting man – aware of his superiority and his skills, yet never coming across as cocky or over-confident. From the first moment you met him, it was obvious to you how intelligent and highly aware of his surroundings he was.

He wasn't a man of many words, and yet, everytime he did speak, his words sounded so much more meaningful and powerful than those of others.

While working with him, you'd witnessed first hand the brutality, the cold-bloodedness he was capable of. Sometimes, quiet was dangerous, was violent – he was the perfect example of that.

It was oh-so-typical of you to become attracted to someone like him – someone who definitely wasn't good for you, who would only cause you harm in the end. Normally, you didn't mix business with pleasure. Normally, you didn't just submit to someone so easily.

And yet the first time he'd looked at you with those piercing eyes, the first time he'd silently taken your chin in between his smooth fingers to lift up your head and press his lips against your throat before letting his teeth sink into the soft flesh of your neck, you hadn't even tried to deny how much you wanted him – the thought of resisting him hadn't even crossed your mind.

At first, you'd tried to convince yourself you were still in control of the situation – but you'd already known back then you were in over your head.

By night, he would ravish you, leave you aching, bruised, marked, and yet never sated, always wanting more.

By day, he'd treat you like you barely even existed – like you were barely even worth his attention.

It had driven you to the point of insanity.

You had no idea why you had your heart set on him. And yet, in the middle of all the wispered, wicked words and the heated glances only exchanged once the two of you were alone, in the midst of all the signs of possessiveness he left all over your body while repeatedly causing you to scream his name, as well as the times he left you lying there alone, unable to sleep, you'd managed to truly, genuinely fall for him.

Sometimes, after a particularly passionate time between the sheets, he'd stay, and he'd hold you. It didn't happen all that often, and yet you craved those fleeting moments more than anything.

He wouldn't ever speak of something as trivial as feelings, and you'd never had the courage to ask him – after all, at least you still had the illusion.

However, after months of enduring his cold behavior while simultaneously not having any chance of moving on (he would make sure of that each time he came to visit you at night), you'd had enough.

Tonight, you wouldn't let him pounce on you, only to coldly push you away afterwards. This time, you'd finally be the one pulling the strings.

As usual, he came unannounced, and immediately went in for the kill.

"Such a good kitten," he whispered in your ear as his hands roamed your body, practically tearing off your clothes.

You went along with it, lulling him in a false sense of security, your features not giving away your true intentions.

He noticed something was off was when you climbed atop him as soon as the two of you got to your bed, and when both of you heard the distinctive sound of handcuffs clicking shut, you saw a look akin to shock flash over his face for the very first time.

Not used to giving up control, he immediately wanted to free himself, however, it was when he noticed that you hadn't just used any type of handcuffs that shock and amusement quickly turned into irritation.

"Just what do you think you're doing, kitten?" he growled. You knew him by now – he'd give you one chance to rectify your mistake, only one.

The feeling of having such a powerful man rendered all but powerless underneath you caused a rush of excitement to run through you.

You took a deep breath before facing him directly, his eyes burning holes right through you.

"I'm not freeing you... until you tell me what I mean to you."

Immediately, he furrowed his brow, eyes glinting with suspiciousness – he was as unfamiliar with the situation as you.

Feelings had never been something Rob Lucci had concerned himself with – they were nothing but a nuisance, an obstacle in his way.

And yet you knew he'd never been with someone as long as you, at least not for as long as Kaku had known him – your mutual colleague had told you as much.

He always returned to you, if only to have his way with you. He never took other women to his bed, and those times he'd held you, like you were something fragile, something to be cherished – it had to mean something. Right?

Right?!

His breathing slowed down as his body grew weaker beneath yours – even though he'd never admit it, the seastone was affecting him more and more with each passing second.

But his eyes were still fixed on you, and what you saw in them scared you.

There was nothing.

No emotion except cold, cruel anger.

Like you were nothing but a waste of his time.

You felt like crying, screaming and laughing at the same time.

You felt like an idiot.

You felt nothing and everything.

He didn't say a word.

There, in the quiet of the night, inside your room, you realized you'd made a grave mistake.

Rob Lucci wasn't capable of love, he'd never been and he never would be, some naïve fantasy you'd construed inside your mind was never going to change that.

There was something missing, some part of him he'd either lost or which had been irreversibly broken many years ago. Maybe it had never even existed in the first place.

And how naïve you had been, thinking, hoping you'd eventually win him over, that you'd make him realize his feelings by letting him take what you offered him so freely.

That's all it had ever been. He'd been using you and you'd been using him, albeit for different reasons.

It was time for you to leave.

Unable to bear his unemotional glance any longer, you freed him, then quickly grabbed your stuff and left. For good.

There was nothing holding you here, anyway. At least you knew that now.