Handcuffs (Smoker x Reader)

Modern AU. Happy Halloween everyone! <3

Before you'd arrived at the Halloween party, you hadn't planned to get utterly wasted, you really hadn't.

But when you finally made it there after perfecting your witch costume for all but 2 hours, it seemed most of the other guests were already drunk.

This year, you'd designed your costume to be as historically accurate as possible, while also making sure people actually recognized what you'd dressed up as. But as soon as you took a look at the other guests' attire, you realized you might've just put in too much effort.

Some, like Eustass Kid and his friends, hadn't bothered to dress up at all (except for some fake blood and vampire fangs, though you weren't entirely sure the blood was actually fake – one could never know with Kid), while others, like Ace, just went for the same old boring costumes. Since his cowboy outfit gave you a good chance to check him out shirtless, however, you weren't going to complain to Ace about it, that was for sure.

Nami and Robin immediately motioned for you to come over, and while you started sipping your first drink of the night, you let your gaze wander across the room.

There was Boa Hancock, who was dressed up as Pocahontas, currently being scolded by Sabo – clad in his usual steampunk attire – who tried to lecture her on "cultural appropiation" and the potential problem her costume posed. Meanwhile, his girlfriend Koala, who looked adorable as always, was sneakily putting flyers into people's bags. Something to do with her anti-animal-cruelty petition, no doubt.

Next to them were Shanks and his friends, who already looked drunk out of their mind, while Usopp, who'd walked in on actual stilts and was dressed up as a giant, looked like he was drowning in secondhand embarassment because of his shit-faced father.

Luffy was apparently busy trying to win an eating-contest against Bonney, while Sanji and Zoro were already busy insulting each other. You couldn't see Trafalgar Law anywhere, but you were pretty sure he had to be there, since Penguin and Shachi were standing right across from you, trying to pick up some girls (but, as usual, to no avail).

All in all, it was the usual madness, one could say. Nami handed you another drink while saying: "Well, might as well get drunk right?" And even though a little voice inside your head told you this was neither a good idea nor was it going to end well (since you tended to get a little... needy when you were drunk), you couldn't really bring yourself to care.

It was Halloween after all, so why not have a little fun?

Way too many drinks later...

Ok, maybe that last glass of punch had been a little unnecessary. Or the last five. You couldn't remember how many you'd had anyways.

Everything within your line of vision was slightly blurred, but since you knew pretty much everyone here, you could still tell who was who. The music sounded a little too loud and you were feeling a little dizzy, but all in all, you were still doing fine (at least considering how drunk you actually were).

Nami, who seemed to be almost as inebriated as you, giggled because of something Robin had said just a minute ago, you couldn't really remember. Thankfully, Robin hadn't had as many drinks as Nami and you, so if something were to happen, you knew she'd watch out for you.

Just then, loud shouting and noises interrupted your thoughts.
"What did you just call me, you little bastard?!"
Oh. Kid was fighting someone again.

From where you were sanding, you could make out Zoro and Killer trying to break up the fight, while others were apparently cheering Kid on.