A Familiar Rhythm (Killer x Reader)

A/N: So, i recently found out about Oda stating in an SBS that one of Killer's hobbies is playing the drums (not that i'm obsessed or anything *cough*), and ever since then, I've had this idea and it somehow evolved into... this. Hope you guys like it! <3

Modern AU. Warnings: Language (thanks to Eustass Kid), slight suggestive themes.

It was loud. Overwhelmingly loud, and the band you came here to see hadn't even started playing yet. You loved music, and experiencing it live was always a something special to you.

But you hated sweaty, crowded, tiny rooms. Festivals were more to your taste. However, it had been months since you'd last went to a concert and after a while of pleading (and quite a few insults) your best friend had eventually convinced you to accompany her tonight.

You had absolutely no idea if the band was any good. All you knew was that they apparently were the "next big thing" if insiders were to be believed, and that their lead vocalist (who was also the lead guitarist) was some sort of foul-mouthed maniac who wreaked havoc wherever he went.

Naturally, your best friend (and the entire front row, or so it seemed) wanted to get in his pants.

"Bonney, do we really have to elbow our way up to the front row? I don't want to get swallowed by the inevitable moshpit, not tonight!" you whined as said friend dragged you with her, making her way through the crowd with a mischievous grin on her face as well as a huge hot dog in her left hand.

How she managed to actually eat all of it without accidentally dropping it on some poor guys' shirt, you'd never know.

Once you'd finally arrived right in front of the stage (earning some resentful glances along the way, which made you uncomfortable, while Bonney just blew raspberries or laughed them off) you let out an exasperated sigh.

"Please promise me the band's actually good."

"Since when have you become such a party pooper? Lighten up a little! Trust me, Kid is like... hot. Reaaaaally hot." She winked at you.

You groaned. "Unlike you, I don't care if the frontman's dick is any good, I just care about the music."

"Oho, Miss All High and Mighty, you'll get off your high horse once you actually see him on that stage, and then you'll eat your words." Bonney laughed while finishing off what as left of her hot dog. You deadpanned.

Even though your words might have been a little harsh, they were true. Truth be told, you were a little bit of a snob when it came to music. You'd started out trying to master various musical instruments from a young age, and even though you didn't have much time to practice nowadays, music was still something you held close to your heart.

But despite what you'd said, you weren't willing to give up hope just yet. So what if the lead singer was a chick magnet? Maybe he was actually talented, maybe the music would actually be pretty good. You'd skipped out on an Adventure Time marathon to be here, so you were going to make the best of this, damn it!

All of a sudden, the background music stopped, and as if on cue, all the fangirls in the front row, as well as the more... civilized fans in the back started screaming. Bonney looked at you, and the excitement and joy in her eyes lightened up your mood, if only temporarily (though you sure as hell weren't going to tell her that).

"They're heeeere!" she screamed, and right then, the lights went out for a split second before four silhouettes appeared onstage.

About 45 minutes later...

There were few characteristics you disliked about yourself, one of them being your stubbornness. Once you'd voiced an opinion, it wasn't easy for you to take back what you'd said if you'd been proven wrong (which, fortunately, wasn't something that happened all that often). But tonight, you'd definitely have to bite the bullet, since your best friend had actually been undeniably right: The band was pretty damn good.