Chapter 15 - Age 21 (3)

Betty could relax now that she was positive she had a job. No more googling the internet, no more trying to get a job in different theaters without an acting degree, no more trying to score practices as an English teacher in smaller schools.

Jughead's stress had melted, too. He had a job, he could keep paying for the apartment, even if most of the time he spent at Betty's place. After a few weeks of chemistry reads and casting the other people for the musical, they had started to wake up together, morning after morning, making each other breakfast, a cup of coffee, or cuddling way too long until they had to get some from small not too crowded cafes.

Today was one of those mornings. Betty had no desire whatsoever that she should've gotten up from the bed, which was why she was tangled up in Jughead's arms and legs, resting against his bare warm body only fifteen minutes before they were supposed to leave home.

"Baby," Jughead murmured into the blond hair, "We have to get up. It's late."

"It's cold outside this bed," Betty yawned into his chest. "I don't want to get out."

"We're already going to be late," Jughead said, tilting her head up with his index finger, eyes on her pouting lips immediately. "Dad might kill us."

"But I don't want to get out."

Jug leaned down, taking her lips in his for a moment and kissed her wrinkled up nose afterward. "What do you wanna wear today? I'll get you the clothes."

The blonde sighed, "You don't know what to get."

"Tell me," Jug murmured, sliding his feet off the bed and carefully making sure Betty stayed under the covers as he sat up and pulled on the boxers he wore yesterday. When he walked to the closet, Betty described the items and he located them quickly, only grinning when his girlfriend mentioned the black bra on the other side of the room.

By the time he was dressed, and he placed Betty's clothes on the bed, both of them were grinning, the blonde girl sitting up on the bed, their duvet pulled up to her chest, held up by her armpits. Jug dropped her bra onto her lap with a wink and a kiss, rushing into the kitchen to make both of them coffee to go.

"You're late," was the first thing Cheryl Blossom, a young woman who was about Jughead's age and the producer of this musical, said.

"Sorry, we got lost," Jughead lied while Betty apologized with a few quiet 'sorry'-s.

The redhead hummed, unimpressed, while FP raised his eyebrows at the two. "Really? You've been having classes in here for more than 15 years now."

"Well..." Betty started, trying to think of something, but as Jughead could see she was going to be bad at lying as always, he was the one who continued.

"We slept in."

"Lying," FP nodded.

"Fine. We sort of slept in," Jughead said, biting back his smile, loving the morning memories.

"Oh," the young redheaded woman said. "So, you are a couple."

Jughead was already annoyed by her, but Betty didn't let him be rude on the first day of actual rehearsals. "Yeah," she said softly instead and gave Jughead a look before going to sit down in one of the empty chairs.

"Alright, now that everybody is here," a young man, probably about in his thirties, started. "Let's get to know each other. I'm Reggie Mantle, your musical director."

"You can call me FP. I'm your director and playwright, so if you have any questions or suggestions about anything, feel free to say so."

"Cheryl Blossom," the redhead started with a big smile now. "Producer."