Chapter 14 - Age 21 (2)

With a month, they had started a relationship. They hadn't told their families just yet but promised each other that they would soon. Jughead had his own drawer for clothes in Betty's apartment for when he stayed over and so did she in his. And he purchased a coffee press for her, which only made things more official.

They both had auditioned for the musical FP had written and had gotten callbacks, which meant they were only a few auditions away from getting the roles. He invented a story of Romeo and Juliet, but a version for teenagers, with drugs, phones, etc., but with the same storyline. Everybody was so excited to do the project, and it was going to be the first time FP was the director, too.

"Mhh, Juggie," Betty giggled into Jughead's mouth when the doorbell rang for the second time already. The man sighed, pulling away, but leaving his hands onto her waist, holding her close to himself in the bed. "Can you go and get it?"

"And say what? What if it's one of your old boyfriends? What will I say... Sorry, she's taken now?" he teased, making her chuckle again as his mouth pressed against hers once again.

Once there was an aggressive knocking against the door and the doorbell started ringing every second, the two frowned at each other and both slid out of the bed from opposite sides. Jug pulled on his shirt as he was already in some sweatpants and went to open the door while Betty pulled his blue sweatshirt onto her bra and the short pajama pants, already wearing warm socks as she always did in the mornings.

Jughead met an annoyed-looking Polly with Juniper standing next to her, obviously having fun with the doorbell, keeping ringing it even as the door opened. Jug's eyes widened a little, knowing they were supposed to meet their parents and Betty's siblings with their families for dinner in a few days to tell them about the two of them dating. Polly being here kind of messed everything up, seeing that Jughead had spent his night here.

"Hey," the guy said with a surprised voice.

The almost 25-year-old woman's face suddenly got confused as well. "Jughead?"

"Uncle Juggie!" June smiled now and stopped ringing the bell as she hugged his leg.

"Hey kid," Jug said, picking her up onto his lap. "What's up?"

"Why you here?" the 3.5-year-old girl asked curiously, smile still on her face.

"Hey, June," Betty smiled, kissing her cheek before looking at Polly with an apologizing face. "Sorry, Polls, I kind of forgot I was supposed to babysit today, so I wondered if I didn't open the door the person would go away..."

Polly grinned at that, handing her a bag. "I'm really getting late now, so thank you. I'll pick her up at 7."

"Okay," Betty said.

And with another confused look, the older girl went, but turned back in a second, looking at her sister. "Do you want to tell me something?"

"Uh, no... Why?" Betty asked, Jughead looking at the two of them with an amused face.

"Ookay... Not my place," the blonde murmured with a smirk and winked at her little sister before hurrying to the elevator, and Betty closed the door. The girl sighed deeply as Jughead chuckled.

"Sorry, Jug. I really forgot I had to babysit today." She finished college a week ago, which meant she had a lot of free time at the moment while she was trying to find a job in theatres or get a role on Broadway.

"It's fine," the guy smiled. "Hey, you hungry?" he asked the little girl, who nodded eagerly. "You like coffee?" he asked, carrying her into the kitchen, Betty following.

"No," the preschooler giggled. "I'm 3."

"Did mommy make you breakfast?" Betty asked when Jug placed the kid to sit on the table.