Beauty at the Bullpen (Gibbs x Reader)

For @Cloe221b_Sh — I am SO SO sorry it took so long to write and get up ❤️ but I've been putting my mental and physical health first lately so I hope you understand. Hope you enjoy! ❤️❤️

Cassandra pulled her coat tighter around her body. She couldn't comprehend her decision. Snow and wind bellowed around her as she made her way across the parking lot. It must have been well below freezing as her heels struggled to walk the icy road towards her new workplace. She couldn't remember Washington being so cold. She finally got inside. She sighed, smiling as the heat hit her. That's more like it. She took off her coat, showing her ID to security, and making her way into the elevator after fixing her hair. There was a man and a woman there, who seemed to be bickering, making Cassandra laugh quietly to herself as the man noticed her.

"Hi, I'm very Special Agent Anthony Dinozzo, you can call me Tony." He shook her hand warmly. "You must be new here."

Cassandra laughed. "Well, very Special Agent Dinozzo, I'm Special Agent Cassandra Pharos-" she states as the woman he was arguing butts in.

"As in the Cassandra Pharos that practically lead the team that take down Hamas' biggest group in America?" She asked. Dinozzo suddenly realised who she was. Cass nodded.

"It's an honour to meet you, ma'am. My name is Ziva David." The woman shakes my hand. Cassandra nodded to her as the elevator doors opened, giving her a full view of the orange bullpen. They walked out, Cassandra walking passed them as the two turned to sit at their desks. She looked passed them, staring into an old friends eyes, smirking as he stares after her. She practically glided up the stairs as she made her way to the director's office to grab her new credentials. After the brief introduction she made her way back down the stairs when she heard a gasp.

"Well, it can't be..." a soft, British accent mused. Cass smiled.

"Hello, Ducky." Cass hugged her old friend.

"What brings you too Washington, Cassandra?" He holds her hand softly.

She looked to Gibbs. "Someone's got to keep him in check." She joked, pointing at Gibbs. "Actually, I'm transferring here. New Orleans got a little stale for me."

Gibbs couldn't believe his eyes. Cassandra Pharos was stood in front of him. Right here. Where he works. She still had that curly hair that used to make him sneeze when they'd spoon. It looked even fluffier than it used to. She looked healthy too. The contrast between now and the last time he saw her was quite shocking. He blinked the image of her soaked in her own blood out of his mind. He didn't need to remember that, or the fact that she'd disappeared completely after that. He'd thought she was dead until he and Bishop travelled down to New Orleans for a case, where he saw her walking down the street and disappearing again down an alleyway. Her southern accent brought him out of his thoughts.

"Long time, no see, Jethro. I haven't seen you since Israel '99." She drawled.

He stopped himself from cringing. "Haven't seen you since '18. You've been quiet." He jabbed.

Cass was taken aback. "Well... I'm not dead."

He rolled his eyes before standing, walking up to her, looking deeply into her eyes before leaving to see Abby or something. Anywhere but where Cass was.

Cassandra scoffed and jumped into the elevator just before it could completely close. She flipped the emergency switch. "You wanna tell me what's got you so wound up?!"

"You left that ship with a hole through your stomach, I hadn't seen you for 19 years, and the next time I see you, you're making some deal in an alleyway. What the hell, Cass?!" He shouts.

"I was working! I was undercover! You should be the last person to even mention making dodgy deals! Especially after all the work we've done together. I always went by the books. And I left that ship because I would have bled out and died because you were taking too long!" She squared up, nostrils flaring.

They both stared intently at each other as their breathing and anger calmed. There was no need for them to trade insults when they knew each other this well. One look was all it took after their brief but heated exchange. They looked away from each other and when they made eye contact again, they simply nodded at each other.

Well, that was until Gibbs crossed the space between them, closing it finally with a kiss. There was no way that Cass had it in her to break it. The broke the kiss as the elevator opened. Gibbs quickly pressed the button to take them back to the bullpen.

As they walked back into the office the team were standing around their desks. All it took Tony was one look to see their slightly dishevelled appearance to know they'd kissed.

"I'm guessing you guys had fun, then." He joked, suddenly flinching when Gibbs slapped the back of his head, making Ziva and Cass laugh.