Persistant Assistant (Abby x Reader)

For @bluerainbowgamer, thank you for requesting something other than a Torres x Reader. Lately I've had so many; it's refreshing to write about a new character! I'm also SO sorry that it's taken so long to put this out for you- school, university applications and my mental health has really been a struggle lately. I'm excited to hear what you have to say about this! — Pez xx

Rebecca walks into the NCIS building, clutching her crochet satchel with one hand, and the other playing with the belt loop of her high waist flare jeans, that had her white shirt tucked into them. She gets into the elevator just as a man with brunette hair and scrubs rushes in, accidentally bumping into her and making her stop.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." He gushes. "Are you okay?" He asks.

She nods, looking up toward him and they both gasp. "Jimmy?"

"Becca?" He wonders. "What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I work here." She says.

He looks at her weirdly. "We've already got a forensic scientist."

"Im her assistant. I haven't met her yet. I've been told to not piss her off?" Rebecca says.

"Well, whoever told you that clearly hasn't met you. You're scary. Like even scarier than Gibbs, and that's saying something since he's made men twice the size of him crumble with a stare. Like, seriously that man is terri-"

"–Jimmy." The brunette interrupted. "I get it." Rebecca laughs. He joins in.

"So who are you looking for first?" He asks.

"I'm looking for uh..." she looks at the name she wrote on her hand. "a Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs." Jimmy told her to follow him as he lead her out of the elevator and into the bullpen. He pointed to Agent Gibbs and then made his way to the elevator again to go down to autopsy. Rebecca touched her head to make sure that her hair was still in place and when she decided that it was, she made her way to the silver haired agent. "Special Agent Gibbs". Rebecca announced. He looked up, glaring.

"What?"

"I'm Special Agent Rebecca Olson. Forensic scientist." She introducked herself. He cocked his head to the side. Did he not know about her coming here? "And I used to work as a detective in robbery and homicide, vice, narcotics, special victims unit, criminal intelligence, gang activity and trafficking." He still had no idea.

Before she could start explaining who she was again she heard a voice behind her. "Abby's new assistant. She'll also be working with you as a specialist on you team. If anyone's to go undercover it's her." The director of NCIS said. Gibbs nodded before standing and motioning to her to follow him, and so she did into the elevator silently and then into a forensic lab.

"I swear to god McGee leave me alone. I don't want a new assistant and you can't make me like her." A tall goth ranted before blushing madly as she realised that McGee was not who was at the door, but Gibbs and the assistant she mentioned. Rebecca rolled her eyes. The last thing she wanted was to work with a forensic scientist who'd clearly let her work get to her head and thought she's above having an assistant. What a joke, Rebecca thought, trying not to glare. Rebecca was much more qualified than her new coworker could ever be in her lifetime and yet the job she'd taken to get away form the narcissists had only brought her to another. I didn't go to university for this, Rebecca groaned internally.