Chapter Twenty-Eight

It was finally the evening and Simon Snow had never been more excited and nervous at the same time. He knew that he needed to talk to Baz about Agatha, but he also knew that he wanted to spend the night kissing every part of him that he could reach. And, if he did tell Baz about Agatha, he wasn't certain that any kissing would happen at all. 

Kiss first, talk after, he told himself as he poured a heap of shampoo in his hands. He wanted to be as clean and put-together as he could be for their date. It wasn't going to be anything special––just a movie (an actual movie, this time, not just snogging) and some take away––but he still wanted to dress to impress. Baz could put almost zero thought into an outfit and somehow still look bloody fantastic. And, as much as Simon loved Baz's suits, he was really hoping that he would wear jeans. (Just the thought of Baz in jeans was enough to make him turn the water a bit colder). 

When he got out of the shower, he spent a solid fifteen minutes trying to decide what to wear. He settled on a pair of jeans and a grey and maroon crew-cut long sleeve shirt that he found in the back of his closet. He had no idea where it had come from––it had probably made its way into his belongings at one of the care homes––but it looked nicer than most of the things he owned, so he slipped it on. He tried to do something about his messy curls but decided that tampering with them in any way might make the problem even worse. 

With Penny still off finishing her paper, he and Baz would have the privacy that Simon wanted. He kept thinking about Friday night and all of the amazing things that Baz had done to him and how he wanted to repay the favor. He still wasn't sure if he was gay, but he knew that he wanted Baz. 

Though, to be fair, how could anyone not want Baz?

So, when Baz knocked on the door right on time, Simon couldn't help but smile and blush like mad at the mere thought of what might happen later in the night. He planted a quick kiss to Baz's lips when he opened the door which earned a hum of appreciation from Baz. He helped Baz with the bags of take away and started getting out plates and utensils for them to eat off of. He figured that at least attempting to eat like a civilized human might make Baz think that he wasn't completely helpless. 

"So proper, Snow," Baz said, leaning against the counter and watching Simon move about the kitchen. 

Simon shrugged and put everything down on the table. They could watch the film later. Now, Simon wanted to hear Baz talk about his day. 

When they moved over to the small kitchen table, Simon noticed that Baz was, in fact, wearing jeans. He nearly jumped his bones right there.

"Everything okay there, Snow?"

He nodded and cleared his throat, praying that it would make the blush go away. He could feel it creeping across his face. "Yup, fine. I just...you're wearing jeans." 

"Astute observation. Your observation skills are nothing to sneeze at."

Simon rolled his eyes and scooped a large helping of food onto his plate. Baz looked at him for a moment before putting some food on his plate, as well. 

"How was your day?" Simon asked. 

Baz raised an eyebrow. "Dull. Why?"

"No reason. Just wanna hear about your day. It's not weird, you know. We are boyfriends, right? Isn't that a normal thing to ask?"

He wasn't sure why Baz was on such high alert, but it made him feel uneasy. He knew why he was anxious, but why was Baz? What was he hiding? 

"Fair. Sorry, it's just been a long day. I had three lessons and then I had to go to work for a bit. And knowing that I would get to see you tonight made it incredibly hard to focus on anything else."

Simon blushed at that. "Same," he said, trying to hide his blush by shoving a helping of food in his mouth. 

"How about you? How was your day?" 

"Fine, I guess. I had a lesson and then I had to work and I broke two mugs and spilled a whole pot of coffee. It was a bit of a mess." 

"Why do I get the feeling that you're always a bit of a mess?"

"You like it."

Baz sighed and smiled at him. "I really do."