Chapter Ten

Aleister Crowley.

Simon Snow looked bloody fantastic in that suit.

Baz stood as Simon approached the table. He looked lost and slightly scared, but Baz didn't feel much different. His stomach was churning and his mouth was dry. The anticipation for this moment had been so overwhelming and now that it had finally arrived he had no idea what to do with himself.

"Simon," he said.

Simon smiled and sat down across from him. "Baz."

There was a tense silence for a moment. Baz could not take his eyes off of Simon in that bloody suit. He was properly gorgeous and Baz wondered if he would be able to control himself. Simon opened the menu. His eyes bulged when he glanced at it.

"This place is..."

"Don't look at the prices," Baz insisted. "Order anything you'd like."

Simon smiled again and kept looking at the menu. Baz could tell that he was unsure about what to say and what to do.

"Simon?"

He looked up from the menu.

"Are you alright?"

Simon nodded softly, his curls bouncing. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry. I'm just incredibly nervous. I haven't gone on a date in a while and I've never been on a date with a guy."

"I understand," Baz said. "I know how nerve-wracking this can be. When I first started dating guys I thought I was going to fall apart. It was hard for me to come to terms with but I realized that it was all worth it because now I can just be me."

"Is it any different?"

Baz looked at him with his eyebrow raised. "Is what any different?"

"Dating guys," Simon shrugged. "You know, is it different than dating girls? Or--"

"Just be you, Simon. You are perfect just the way you are."

A blush crept across Simon's cheeks. Baz couldn't help but smile when he saw that.

"Well then," Simon said, clearing his throat, "you look stunning in that suit."

Now it was Baz's turn to blush like mad. He knew it was an amazing suit but hearing Simon tell him that felt one million times better than it did in his head. It was like receiving a compliment from a model.

"As do you. I mean, I'm sure you'd look properly beautiful in anything but," he took a pause, looking into Simon's eyes, "Merlin, you look amazing in that grey suit."

He could tell that Simon was the kind of guy who didn't know how beautiful he was. He carried himself like he was ashamed and embarrassed constantly and Baz wondered what had happened in his past to make him this way. Simon deserved to know how handsome he was and how cute he was. He deserved the whole world, for Merlin's sake.

"So that limo," Simon said.

"What about it?"

"I just didn't know you were the kind of guy that had limos on hand."

"I don't," Baz said. "My father does. He runs Pitch Industries."

Simon paled.

"What?" Baz asked. He didn't know what he had said that made Simon so upset.

"Nothing," Simon sighed.

"It's definitely not nothing. Tell me, the curiosity is killing me."

Simon smiled sweetly and readjusted his tie. "Fine. But you can't laugh, okay?"

"Promise I won't."

"I, uh, I applied for an assistant job there last year."

Baz had to hold in his laughter. It was hard but he had promised he wouldn't laugh and he wanted Simon to trust him. But then Simon laughed and Baz had to join in because Simon's laugh was just so adorable.

"That makes sense," Baz smiled.

"Why?"

"Because now I know that this is definitely fate."

Simon couldn't contain his smile or his blush after that. And, if he was being honest, Baz couldn't either.