Chapter 10: Amazement

"Easy, just stay calm, Ratchet nears me slowly, his movements cautious and his optics concerned.

"Stay calm? HOW THE HELL DO I STAY CALM?!" My voice is replaced by a thundering roar, and it chills me to the bone.

"Emma, you need to calm down." He repeats, gently resting a hand on my... Holy scrap I have a muzzle WHY DO I HAVE A MUZZLE?! My face is... long now, like a.. like a..

"A T Rex!" Miko exclaims randomly, snapping a picture on her phone.

Anyway, Ratchet has a hand... or a servo... resting on my muzzle, and he's looking me over carefully. I don't stir underneath his touch... it sooths me, and being soothed feels great after what just happened to me.

"By the Allspark, Emma, you've found it.Your power is another form! But how was it triggered?" Ratchet's murmuring, and from the medical bay, Optimus lets out a scream.

"Someone get some sauce, now! Come on she wants it her way!!!" He is squeezing his optics shut, then stirs a bit before sitting up and actually waking. "By the Allspark!" He gasps and flinches when he sees me.

"Optimus, gotta ask ya, why do your neighbors live next to you?" I ask sarcastically, which makes him flinch again.

"Ratchet..." He murmurs.

"Emma's power is... Another form. This form." Ratchet replies.

"Can it be reversed? Can I be... human?" If I had my normal voice, it'd be panicky and shaky.

"Emma, I don't speak Predacon, but... nod if you want to reverse it." He tells me, taking a step back.

I nod my freaking huge head. Ratchet steps back up to me and takes a last look before saying, "Okay, I have a feeling anger triggered it, so just relax, and will for yourself to go back to normal."

I sigh, clear my mind, try to sooth myself. Think about Saidy when I first went on that long car drive to pick out of the litter, so many tiny, sleepy pups. But I chose Saidy. And she chose me. I had just put a different puppy down back into the box, and Saidy poked her little head over that pup's shoulders and stared at me with big, pretty, round little eyes, and when I picked her up, she licked my face and went to sleep in my lap. She was the one. She's my life companion.

The ringing started up again, metallic, and burning in my... audio receptors.  The light surrounded me again, and I once more closed my optics.

"Emma, are you alright?" Ratchet's concerned voice asks gently.

I open my optics, no wait, eyes! Ha! I have eyes again! I'm back to normal! I stare at my hands and smile.

"Yeah! Better than ever!" My voice was neatly lined with laughter.

"Dude your other form is awesome! I bet you can crush Cons with that!" Miko calls, basically hopping up and down like a bunny on a sugar rush. Man that'd be catastrophe.

"Oh, Optimus, have to ask." I say, turning to the almighty Prime. "Did you ever get that cupcake frosting spill cleaned up? You told us all about it in your sleep."

Optimus sends me the weirdest face, and everyone is laughing. Even Ratchet.