chapter 3

Shelby's POV:

I sit on a bed and look up at the ceiling, thinking; when I heard a knock on the door.

"What do you want?" I said with a snappy tone, not caring who was there.

"To talk," a voice replied,

"Come in," I retorted. The door opened revealing Louis. He came over and sat down by me on the bed.

After 30 seconds of awkward silence, he spoke up, "I'm sorry about earlier."

I replied, "Don't worry about it. I wasn't upset about that." He looked at me with confused look on his face, "What were you upset about then?"

I sighed, "Louis, it's kind of a secret, I can't tell you." He looked at me with an attempted puppy dog face and said, "Please? I'm good with secrets, I won't tell anyone."

I shook my head. I looked down and next thing I know I felt teeth lightly biting my shoulder. I turned my head to see Louis biting my shoulder. I chuckled a little and said, "Niall wasn't kidding when he said you bite."

He sat up and begged, "Please, just tell me." I thought a minute then replied, "Fine." He clapped his hands and let me finish.

"Okay, so about four months ago I started dating this guy named Ryan. He was sweet and kind for about two weeks, then on the third week something changed. He was controlling, he had to know where I was at all times; calling me about ten times a day. He would call me a lying b!tch, afterwards he would always say sorry and that he loved me... and I still stayed with him. One day  I was walking home with my guy best friend, Cole. When Cole left, and I walked in Ryan was standing there - I guess when he borrowed my keys he made a copy of my house key. When I looked him in the eyes, they were full of pure hatred. He told me I was cheating on him with Cole, when I wasn't. He walked up to me, backing me into a corner, he kept yelling at me saying I was a useless slag, and nobody would want me. Then he raised his hand and slapped me and I fell." I felt tears burning in my eyes. I was scared to look at Louis, so I just finished. "He then kicked me, and eventually I passed out. I woke up with him nowhere in sight. I was scared he was going to come back, so i called my mum and I explained to her what happened. She was'nt much of a mother to me growing up, but I needed someone to talk to. All she did was ask a business partner if I could move in with their daughter, which is Gaby. Since then Ryan has tried calling me a few times, but I ignore him. Besides you now, Gaby is the only one that knows about this."

I looked at him ans saw tears spilling out of his eyes. he then pulled me into a hug. I was hesitant, but soon hugged him back. He whispered, "I'm so sorry." I replied, "It's fine, but I have been kind of on edge recently, because all I think of is how scared I am of Ryan." Louis looked at me and said, "It's okay, I would be too. To cheer you up I brought you some pie!" I looked at the pie and said, "It's okay, I'm not really hungry. I just want to got to bed." he nodded and started getting up, before walking out the door he looked at me, " You're going to be my best friend by the way," he said smiling. I laughed wiping away some of my almost dried tears, "Okay Louis, good night." I smiled at him as he shut the door. I then got my pyjamas on, shut the light off, and got under my duvet. The thought of Ryan still scared me, but I had to get over it eventually.

****

I got up before my alarm clock sounded. I started making my way downstairs, trying not to wake the others. When I got into the kitchen I saw Harry on his phone. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hi," I said shyly. I continued, "Sorry about just getting up last night, I know it was rude of me. I just had a lot on my mind."

He just looked at me and said, "It's okay, are you hungry?" I nodded. Harry put his phone down and walked over to the cabinet and got out some pans. I walked over taking one of the pans. Harry gets pancake batter our, whilst I get the bacon.