Looking Out For You

AU oneshot.

Jonah is a new kid at school and meets Cyrus under less than ideal circumstances. Will it lead to friendship or more? Includes an original character called Mark.

It was his first day, but Jonah had been trying to keep an open mind. He wasn't exactly excited about change, as it caused his anxiety to become more serious.

He was sad to leave his old friends behind, but he was up for a new challenge, and was very good at making new friends.

On his way, he allowed himself to take in the view. It was a beautiful day, and the sun made everything look more colourful.

Upon arriving at school, he walked towards the entrance, but was upset to hear someone in distress. It was Cyrus, as he would soon find out, who was being attacked by the school bully, Mark.

Cyrus: P-please, you don't need to do this.

Mark: Yes I do, you promised to do my homework, and yet you didn't do it, did you?

Cyrus: I-it's not my fault.

Mark: It definitely is! You did it on purpose.

Cyrus: I-I'm s-sorry!

Jonah: Hey, leave him alone!

Cyrus was in awe of Jonah, despite the fact they hadn't met before. He watched as the dimpled boy pushed Mark out of the way.

Jonah: Now are you going to leave this young man alone?

Mark: Who the hell are you?

Jonah: My name is Jonah, and I'm new. From right now, things are changing, do you understand?

Mark: I'm not scared of you!

Jonah: Then you're either very brave, or very stupid.

Mark: You're just pathetic.

Mark pushed Jonah out of the way and walked to class, leaving Cyrus alone with Jonah. There was something about the new kid that Cyrus liked.

Cyrus: Wow, thank you for doing that.

Jonah: No problem, he shouldn't be doing that now, should he?

Cyrus: No, you're right.

Jonah: I'm Jonah, what's your name?

Cyrus: My name is Cyrus, very nice to meet you.

Jonah shook Cyrus' hand and felt an instant bond with him. He noticed that the other boy was staring at him lovingly, not that he would complain about that.

Jonah: Is something wrong?

Cyrus: N-no... just enjoying the view.

Jonah: Oh, in that case feel free to enjoy.

Cyrus: Thank you.

The initial awkwardness had gone, and now Cyrus was enjoying being with Jonah. It was going really well, but then Jonah had to ask the question.

Jonah: So, do you wanna like, be my friend?

Cyrus: Um...

It was at this point that Jonah began to worry. Had he just offended Cyrus, mere minutes after meeting him?

Jonah: What's wrong?

Cyrus: Well, I was rather hoping for more.

Jonah: What do you mean?

Cyrus: I mean, I would like to be your boyfriend.

It was very quick of Cyrus, but he didn't care. At that moment in time, he was only concerned about being happy with Jonah.

Jonah: Do you know what?

Cyrus: W-what?

Jonah: That's a great idea, I would love to be your boyfriend.

Cyrus: Really?

Jonah: Yes, now let's go!

Jonah grabbed Cyrus hand and they ran to class together. It had been a very short amount of time, but true love had won.

I hope you enjoyed.