Chapter 1: Fuel The Fire

//Chapters will slowly get longer ^.^ Vote. Comment. Thank you. 

The wind whipped across Oriel's face as she twirled in the air, it was like she was flying. She landed hard on her ice skates and the sounds of hands clapping from her trainer, Ms. Cavelier met her ears and she smiled, turning to her. "Great job! And we're done." Oriel sighed, skating over to get off the ice. She had been practicing since 6 am and hadn't even eaten breakfast yet. It was almost 10. She was at a nearby skating rink in Moonview, Colorado, training hard for an upcoming competition. "Geeze, finally. I thought I was gonna die of starvation." She commented, stepping off the ice and walked over to the showers. "Oh please, your highness, you're a vampire."

"I know that." She called, stripping out of her sports bra and thin sport leggings and walked into an empty shower. Things had been going quite smoothly since the honeymoon. She and Ashton Sollers had enjoyed their time off for a few months as planned but then it was time to get right back into society. Ash took on a new assignment in Scotland and Oriel started training for her skating career. She had her first competition a year ago and loved it. She was now training for her third and couldn't wait to hit the ice in front of thousands of people again. This one was going to be in Canada unlike her previous which was in the UK. Ash had got to see her then and she was happy. Her and Ash texted constantly and skyped but it wasn't as often as she liked. The Princess of Scotland, Fiona was supposed to be even worse than her, Ash had heard, telling Oriel and Oriel had only smirked. "Too tough for you to handle?" She had asked her new wife. "I handled you alright.. I'm sure she'll be a breeze."

But she wasn't. She had Ash tied up almost all the time and Oriel hated it, loathing the young Princess for keeping her wife busy. She knew it was her job though. After washing the dirt and grime off, Oriel left the shower and put on a clean pair of clothes before walking back out. "Thanks, Cavalier." Oriel said, taking out her phone as she walked past her instructor, a message from Ash displayed on the screen. Good morning my queen, have a great day. Love Ashton. Oriel smiled, barely hearing her instructor's you're welcome as she left the rink, two guards flanked her as she walked back to her car and she missed the comfort of her previous bodyguard team. Ash had let her in on what happened to them. Rique was still teamed up with Ash. However, Christian had taken time off to be with his wife, Damion retired and surprisingly, Alex finally proposed to his girlfriend and quit, due to their impending child. She was very happy for all of them and couldn't wait to meet Alex's baby in person. She had only seen pictures Ash sent to her. It was a girl. She smiled walking back to her car just when an incoming call from Ellie stopped her. Oriel froze at the drivers' door and answered the call. "Your highness, there is urgent news spreading of China going to war with Australia."

Oriel furrowed her brows in surprise. "Really? What the hell happened?"

Everything's been so peaceful amongst everyone in the past few years. "The Empress was murdered, poisoned during a dinner with the King and Queen of Australia, it was someone from the Australian guard. Her advisor has just called and asked for our assistance. Mitch was contacted also but refused for reasons unknown."

Oriel frowned, remembering a vacation she was just invited to and went to for the Empress. She had wanted to finally meet her and hoped they could all continue to rule in peace. This was terrible news. "Of course, I'll help. Schedule a meeting with the General at once."

"Yes, ma'am." Oriel got into her car quickly and pulled off the lot and headed for the Protection Facility.

She hurried inside, the General along with Ellie were there to meet up with her. "Morning, your Highness, I've just gotten word of the war that's starting. How many of our troops would you like to send out?"