Christian and You

CHRISTIAN AND YOU

I sighed. What About Tonight were having a meet and greet in Federation Square right at that moment and where was I? Rowing on the Yarra, well technically, I wasn't rowing. I was the cox, the person who steered the boat and told the rowers what to do. But I was part of the team just the same. I sighed again. Why couldn't rowing be earlier for once?

I forgot that I had the microphone against my mouth and it turns out, my whole boat heard me. All eight of the boys. See, usually girls my age would be coxing boats of four and usually of girls too. But apparently I was good enough to be coxing an eight, so I was. Either that or they just needed someone who could cox and was small enough to fit in the seat.

"What's up, Y/N?" one of the boys teased. The others laughed. "Missing your boyfriend?" The others laughed harder

"I think you guys know, but... I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" I laughed. "NOW SHUT UP AND ROW BEFORE COACH COMES!"

Coxes had to be stern sometimes, but really the guys were all great friends of mine and we always had a great time on the water.

As I steered the boat to a pier opposite Federation Square, so we could all hop out for a stretch and break. I saw something I never would of dreamed of. What About Tonight walking along the bank towards our little pier!

I pretended to be fixing my microphone and chatting with the boys as they came closer and closer. When I looked up again, they were standing next to me trying to see what I was up to.

"Hey, uh, not to bother you or anything but do you happen to know a nice place where we could chill for a bit? I'm Christian, by the way," Christian asked, politely, as he swept his messy blonde locks to the side.

"I'm Y/N. And can I firstly just say, I'm a huge fan! Ok, now that that's out of the way, why don't you guys sit here on the river bank? It's quiet, calmish and you can see rowers go by!" I chuckled and so did my crew. The WAT boys looked lost though. "Rowers? Go by? Us?"

"Oh, yeah, I get it now!" they chorused.

"Thanks, we'll sit here then," smiled Brock.

My crew and I just laughed. Then I remembered that the rowing boys and I still had another lap to go. We hastily said goodbye to What About Tonight and hopped back into the boat.

As the boys took off, rowing their strong strokes and flexing their muscles, many girls passing by stared but these guys were like my brothers, besides my thouts were with a certain blonde. Being the athletic guys they were, we managed to finish the lap quickly.

We got out of the boat and walked the boat back to the boat shed, where we had a debrief with our coach. After the same-old-same-old speech and dismissal, I pulled my black Vans on and headed to the shaded area where I hoped the WAT boys still were.

They were still there! Trying to act calm and collected, I walked over to them.

"Hey again, guys! I hope you don't mind if I sit with you guys? My mum is picking me up here in an hour," I smiled.

"Sure!" Christian replied, eagerly with a grin so big, my stomach started to flutter.

"What's with him? Is he being sarcastic?" I asked looking at the other boys, then back at Christian.

"Nah, he just likes you that's all!" smirked Mitchel.

All the other boys laughed except Christian, whose glare, if looks could kill, would have left Mitchel dead. I laughed too, unsure of what was going on.

I sat down and got to know the guys well. We all learnt things about each other, funny and sad. It was a great time.

Before I left, Christian pulled me over. "Y/N, I know we only just met, but I feel like I've known you forever."

I drew in a sharp breath of air. Was he going to ask me out? Could my dreams be comming true?

"Can I please have your number to stay in touch?"

"Oh, yeah sure..." I mumbled, trying to hide the blush that showed my embarrassment. "Do you other guys want it too?" I called over to where the others were.

A lot of affirmative sounds chorused, so I put my number into their phones and them in mine.

After a few hugs and goodbyes, I walked away to where my mum was waiting. As I opened the door to the car, I received a text message.

FROM: Christian The Sexy Beast From WAT

I giggled at what he had called himself.

"What Mitchel said before? It's true"

.

.

.

.

.

.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope you guys like this one! I do!

I was meant to be doing my assignments but oh well! This was more fun!

Xxx

S