A 'Fresh Start'

Effy POV

As I sat in the back of my mums car, thoughts went through my mind. Trying to fill the blank spaces. Moving away from the UK, pretty harsh to be exact. Leaving people behind was quite a challenge. Pandora, Cook, Freddie, JJ.. Tony.
Today was the day we see our new house. Hopefully it was better than the shit we lived in before.
"It'll be great, Effy." My mum said calmly as she focused on the road.
I rolled my eyes a little at the fact of how she thinks everything will be okay.
I could hear my mum let out a sigh.
"Mum?.." I said softly as my eyes scanned the cars around us.
"Yes?"
I hesitated, I honestly had no clue what I was going to say.
"Nothing.." I mumbled in reply.

Soon, we arrived to the 'fantastic' home she kept going on about.
It was big, built with bricks. The houses shadow covered most of the front lawn.
"It's so marvelous." I said with such an sarcastic tone.
"Oh, don't be so glum. Let's head inside."
My mum insisted as we got out of the car.

We headed inside, highly expensive looking furniture and Victorian glass caught my uninterested attention.

"Isn't it a beauty?" My mum asked in awe.
"Yes, mum. So beautiful." I tried my best to not let my sarcasm show. But it seemed nearly impossible.
"Anything I need to know before I go.. Exploring?" I asked her, crossing my arms lightly.
"Ah, yes.. People passed here."
"As in.. Died?" I arched an eyebrow, this has to be interesting.
She nodded her head quickly, her expression a bit worried.
My mum went ahead and told me the story of the last family who lived here. I couldn't help but feel a little bit of pity for them.
"The first death, the wife.. Shot herself. She also shot her husband.. It was a- murder suicide, you know?"
"Erm.. That was a bit intense." I said as my eyes looked around her.
"I know. Well, you go and unpack. I'll be down here.. Ranting at men in magazines.." My mums voice trailed off as she walked away.

Ah, so this is probably where I tell you a bit about myself. I'm not very interesting so try to stay awake if you'd like. Well, my name is Elizabeth stonem. But I prefer to be called Effy. I'm from the UK. I have an older brother, Tony Stonem. My mum and dad are divorced. She fucked my dad's line manager, 'no biggie'. He found out and left. I do drugs, I party, smoke. Problems? Piss off then. When I'm in love, I guess I tend to go.. Crazy.. Literally. So, yeah. I'm officially off the rails. You should try it. Now back to.. Whatever were doing.

I headed off to my room, dragging the suitcases and bags behind me.
"Nice." I said to myself. Walking over to my new bed.
Until I heard a voice behind me.
-------
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!
Stay tuned.