we're not as great as you think

so hello fellow wattpaders, directioners,etc. anyways, i am here to inform you that our fandom (the one direction one) isn't as amazing as we make it out to be for several reasons. i'm not going to include the normal larry and elounor fights (i'll leave that for another day), but i will mention some things that i feel like need to be addressed.

1. we don't leak anything

one direction is the biggest boy band in the world at the moment. as big as they are, their security is very very very good. a bunch of teenage girls are not able to hack into their *probably* very advanced system and leak an entire fucking album. nope, their management more than likely did it for publicity reasons.

2. we're a bunch of hypocrites

"everybody is welcome to the fandom and we are all equal" is total bull. let's be honest, when someone new enters the fandom you kind of start hating them. "they only like soml!!1! i bet they don't even know what niall's grandmother's neighbor's dog's name is!" there's also this thing that if you've been in the fandom longer, somehow you're a better person than them. 

3. we're so mean to the girlfriends

i am a narry shipper, that is no lie whatsoever. just because i like the idea of them being in a relationship doesn't mean that i'm going to hate on whoever they're currently dating. eleanor still gets hate everyday for "being a beard" (it pisses me off), people still think that sophia is a phase and liam is going to get back with danielle, and people somehow believe that zerrie isn't real. if we support them as much as we say we do, why are we so awful to the people they love?

honestly i can go on for a long time about how terrible we all are. we need to get over our naivety and just look at the facts.

i would also like to say that even though we're kind of awful, we can also be some of the best people in the world sometimes. i love being in this fandom, i'm not leaving anytime soon. i just kind of want to point out that we're not always the best.

-olive