Chapter 10 : Tragedies

A few days later

Shiro and Baal have been missing since that fateful day. The rest of the Switchblade Pirates were back together, stranded on an island. Without a ship, nor a captain. Yet, there are more important things to be done...

Tsunade : Today, we gathered to... W-we gathered to put "Titania" Erza Scarlet... To her final rest.

In a wooden coffin, the body of the red-headed vice-captain of the Switchblade Pirates lies, eyes closed and not breathing.

-

Hancock is back on Amazon Lily, still very shocked after what happened back there. She doesn't know about what happened to Baal and where he went, all that she knows is one thing.

Sandersonia : He took it with him, huh? I'm just curious on what he's up to, if he's still alive.

Hancock : Of course he is! That's Charlotte D. Baal we're talking about!

Marigold : His best friend died. And his... whatever Shiro is to him, got captured by Marshall D. Teach. I don't even want to know what's on his mind right now.

Hancock : If I know him as good as I believe I do, I know exactly what he's planning next.

Sandersonia : And what's that?

Hancock : Considering he may not now about Titania's death, he'll go on a hunt for Teach. But if he knows...

Sandersonia : What happens then, dearest sister?

The Snake Princess looks at her sisters with a serious, yet frightened expression.

Hancock : He'll raise hell upon earth. And that's not a metaphor of any kind!

Boa Hancock looks at an empty place in a shelf to her left.

Hancock : He has the box... Anything is possible.

-

Back at island, the remaining Switchblade's sit down around a fire, roasting some fish. All of them are understandably in a bad mood, after the funeral of their friend.

Soma : We need to get off this island!

Rangiku : The only question is "How?".

Esdeath : I could freeze the sea, but no one knows how long it'll take for us to reach another island with actual civilization.

Yoko : We can't just leave! What's with Erza? She'll be all alone...

Gilgamesh : The dead don't care about that, mongrel!

Tsunade : Gil! How dare you?!

Yusei : I have to agree with Gil. We may not like it, but this island is just holding us back. After all, Baal and Shiro are still missing.

Reiner : Missing, captured... or dead.

Soma : Don't say that!

Esdeath : It's hard to believe, yet a possibility.

Soma : Come on, we all know Baal! He's probably already hunting down those bastards that attacked us!

Gilgamesh : And if he's not?

They all look at him surprised.

Rangiku : What do you mean?

Gil stands up and walks a few feet away.

Gilgamesh : After everything that happened, Baal could be fed up with this. He always sacrificed himself for us, in whatever situation. If I were in his shoes, I'd be pretty fed up with all of you by now.