Chapter 4 : Not A Crew, A Family

After the events of the previous day, the Switchblade Pirates meet in one room again, but quickly notice somebody's missing.

Yoko : Do you think Baal is coming?

Yusei : I wouldn't bet on it. This place is really messing with his head.

Shiro : How?

Rangiku : Yesterday, he told us that we have to prevent a war from happening at all costs and just a little while later, he threatens to put down one of the 4 most powerful pirates in the whole world.

Erza : He had to do it. Otherwise he would have looked weak.

Gilgamesh : If you ask me, we should have killed that old hag right there and proclaim ourselves as the new yokos.

B : Yo, Yo, Yo! That would've been freaking awesome. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

Gilgamesh : For my sake...

Reiner : We are still talking about his mother, Gil. And I believe that, even though she doesn't look like it, Big Mom is more powerful than any of us. Maybe even stronger than Baal.

Shiro : What?! No one is stronger than Baal! Take that back!

Esdeath : Calm down, Shiro.

Shiro : But he said...

Esdeath : I heard what he said and it could be true, although I doubt it.

Shiro pouts and looks away, but Rangiku quickly appears besides her and makes her laugh. Most of the crew smiles at this, a few don't care and one is in a completely different mood.

Soma : Are you guys serious?!

They look at him surprised.

Soma : You're talking about him like he wasn't trustworthy! Why did he threaten Big Mom? To protect us!

Gilgamesh : Keep your voice low, mongrel. I don't even know why the weakest link is allowed to talk anyway.

Soma : I may be the weakest, but...

Gil looks at him in surprise, never having being talked back to by Soma.

Soma : The second Baal declares war to whoever it may be, even the Gods themselves, I will stand by his side, doing everything in my power to help him achieve his goal. You talk like the island changes Baal... but who are the ones who stopped trusting their captain... their friend?

It's quiet for a second. Then, Gil stand up and approaches Soma, who looks at the self-declared God with fierce determination in his eyes. To everyone's complete shock, Gil puts his hand on Soma's shoulder.

Gil : I hate to say it, but you are right. And it hurts me even more that you are the one who made me look in the mirror. You're right, I doubted Baal. Although it was for just a few seconds, I betrayed him and so did the others. It's really hard to say this right now and I will never repeat it, so enjoy it while it lasts, mongrel... Thank you, Soma.

Everyone looks at them in complete and utter shock. Gil was... nice. That's something none of them have ever seen before and most likely won't see again, but it only shows the sincerity in his words. He feels guilty for doubting Baal and so do all the others, beside Soma, Erza and Shiro who never had a single hint of doubt regarding Baal.

Esdeath : So... What are we going to do now?

Erza : We wait until the tea party is over and the we leave this God forsaken place.

Tsunade : Seems fine to me.

Shiro : Erza, when can I see Baal again?

Erza smiles down at the smaller girl.