18. Love

Pardah ankhon se hatane mein bohar der lagi

Hamein dunya nazar anay mein bohat der lagi

Nazar ata hai jo wesa nahi hota koi shaks

Khud ko ye batane mein bohat der lagi

I took my time seeing through the curtain on my eyes

I took my time seeing the world for what it is

People are not like they look from outside

I took my time understanding this

The always there calm of that particular night in Islamabad was broken ensuing unrest and chaos everywhere. The 11 PM bulletin of all the news channels was flashing just one headline with a red background. The flashes were hard on screen telling the enormity of the situation.

"Firing at I-8 Islamabad."

"The attack was on the car of Harram Obaid, daughter of notable KPK based business man and philanthropist, Obaid Dastagir."

"According to initial reports the car is totally destroyed and the shooters have fled the scene almost immediately."

"There is no new about Harram Obaid as of now. Will let you all know as the story progresses."

"Harram Obaid is also the grand daughter in law of Yahya Duraid, wife of Late Major Zaviyar Ali who had embraced martyrdom just few months back. Is this incident a result of political tension Yahya Duraid is facing due to upcoming elections or something else?"

Every channel had a new thing to add but no one could say with certainty what exactly had happened. Only those who were already at site of assault new what the actual saga was.

The police put the crime scene caution tape around the now totally ruined car. They were looking around for more evidences to finally predict what must've happened here but things were not looking fine as of now.

Waleed covered his face with his palm while Hamail kept on staring at the scene in front of them. It had been fifteen minutes there were here and one thing was clear as crystal.

Harram was not inside the car when the assault occurred which has not only relieved them but also opened way to so many questions. Both Hamail and Waleed weren't aware of her being out at this hour and knowing her condition they could only say something very important must've come up for her to leave everything and go out.

But what?

"We don't have to guess who is behind this, Hamail but why Harram? The attack and the way it happened clearly shows those people wanted her dead! She was their direct target. If this is what it is then be assured that your grandfather and his allies have come to know about her involvement here and this changes so many things."

"All that is secondary, Waleed. Right now knowing where Harram is our out most priority. What if Dada has pulled the same thing with her he did with Bhai?"

Waleed felt sweat pouring out from his forehead. First Bukhari's arrest and now this. Both these incidents occurring with such a small time difference. This was indicating so much and Waleed could only hope it wouldn't get nastier than this. Harram needed to be saved. This would be the cruelest thing if Yahya Duraid had gotten her as well. The mess they were all entangled in had gotten even messier. Everyone had been informed about the attack and right now tension and dread were infusing into all their beings. Zara was distraught, Khadija had turned to stone, and Obaid was livid with rage. No one knew what had happened in just an hour. She was in her room and then she was not and now here they were, in front of her in splinters car and the air of her which was whispering of her disappearance.