Chapter 30

"A woman wearing make-up contradicts her wearing hijab as make-up contradicts hijab."

______

"Abaya."

"Checked."

"Neatly wrapped hijab."

"Checked."

"No makeup."

"Checked."

"No perfume."

"Checked."

"No extra adornments."

"Checked."

"Lowered gaze."

"That cannot be checked right now Mehwish." asserted Arbish.

"I will do that in sha Allah." replied Firdaus.

"Nervous?" asked Arbish.

"Umm very much." Firdaus said biting her lips.

"Don't worry appi, it'll all go well in sha Allah." added Arbish.

"The experienced one says." Commented Mehwish to which Arbish gave a laugh.

"I declare that to be the 'Nervous Day' of my life."

"Tell me about it." Firdaus said while making her sit beside her.

"It was winter and I was sweating so much and simultaneously drinking water, one glass after another. And my husband looked so calm, he asked me to calm down and ask my respective question but me being me." laughed Arbish.

"Then did you ask?" asked Firdaus.

"I had a list of questions but I asked just one due to nervousness when he insisted me to ask."

"What was it?"

"Umm that will he ever come in between me and Allah?"

"And then?"

"And then he said 'no' for it while she said 'yes' for him. Tada a cute looovveee story." said Mehwish exaggerating the word 'love' to which Mehwish blushed.

The door bell rang off which indicated that the expected guests were here. Firdaus was in her room whilst all the other members of the family were doing their assigned duties.

"Niki aunty." came little voices one after another and a number of favourite children of Firdaus showed up.

Khadija

Mariam

Saif

"I am so glad Ayesha, you're here for me on this big day Alhamdulillah." said Firdaus as she hugged Ayesha.

"I am not here for you." Ayesha said winking at her.

"Then?"

"It's a surprise." said Ayesha and upon insisting, Ayesha denied to spill the beans. She suggested her to be patient and after spending some time with her group of favourite people, she was invited to come down in a room where his brother was accompanying a guy. A guy whose name was even unknown to her and at the same time a guy who could be her companion not just in this life but also in the hereafter.

Before entering she saw the guy's back and saw Yahya looking at her with a plane smile. She hesitated to enter the room buy Yahya assured her with his look to calm down and enter without hesitation.

While entering she bid her salam and as she came in contact with him face to face, her face turned into a bucket of surprise.

"Danish?"