Chapter 6

"It could be in the palm of your hands but still not written for you."

____

Sometimes all you need is a hand over yours to assure that everything will be alright, whatever has come to pass was by the decree of your lord and sometimes only a look is enough for those feelings to take a turning point. Ahmad glanced to look at the stars in the open sky and to his dismay found none. Just like the happiness, stars have vanished too this week.

"Boo Boo." said Mariam showing up a star with her little finger. It was easier for her to pronounce BOO instead abBOO so she chose the former.

Ahmad sat on the swing with his little daughter who was the only one accompanying him and was the only one who would distract him with sorrowful thoughts. Children can be headache and still be a stress reliever at the same time. He was baby sitting Mariam from a week because Ayesha needed complete rest and also because she made her busy.

Mariam soon slept leaning against his chest and Ahmad? Well! Like daughter like father. He slept while reciting the night adhkar.

Someone stood at the window just to find these two peacefully taking their naps. She walked down the stairs because resting itself made her restless. It is strange that on our busy days, we just want to rest but when we actually are bed ridden and are just ordered to take rest, we get bored and want to go back to our daily hectic routine.

She came down and sat beside her husband and gazed at them while sitting on the swing under the open sky. There was something peaceful about the open sky and would attract the couple. Whenever they were stressed or something, they would sit under the open sky.

"It's 2, why are you awake this late?" came a voice as she was lost in her own thoughts looking up in the sky.

"Umm I just can't sleep." she said and the place fell quiet for sometime.

"Why are you here by the way?" asked ayesha.

"Mariam was awake and wanted to be out, so I brought her here." he said without even once looking at her.

She had tried to talk to him many times but he wasn't willing to. This time she had hurt him deep, so deep that he couldn't gather his courage to even talk about it. He just thought that with time everything will heal and so will their relation but something was lacking and he didn't know what. May be just an apology from either side.

Ahmad stood up to make his way towards the room but Ayesha caught hold his hand from behind and asked him to sit and he sat at once.

"You don't love me?" said Ayesha and Ahmad turned his face towards her.

"What on earth?" said Ahmad and leaned back on the swing adjusting Mariam and looking towards the sky.

"That means you do?"

"I never said that."

"So should I assume that you don't." Ayesha's eyes grew wider.

"I never said that too." Ahmad said with a neutral face still focused towards the sky.

"I am sorry." Ayesha said and Ahmad looked towards her, his eyes softening.

"Do you really?" he said as he looked away as it never bothered him.

"Excuse me? A girl is throwing up her ego and actually saying sorry and you in turn is asking that am I really sorry?" Ayesha said clenching her teeth while Ahmad couldn't control and looked the other side just suppress his lips from smiling at her reaction. Ayesha on the other hand, thought otherwise and no sooner did he turned his face towards the other side, a tear escaped her eyes.