Chapter 15

"And whenever you cry, tell yourself that, it is only temporary.
Remove the tears from your eyes and tell yourself that Jannah is waiting In Shaa Allah."

______

Last night was one of those nights for Rida which were always heavy on the balance of struggle. She woke up abruptly struggling to breath, struggling to live for a few more minutes of her life. She had thought she would die that instant and she was near the end of her worldly life. The thought crossed her mind that she wasn't even prepared to meet her Lord but Malak um maut waits for none to rectify their respective deeds, he comes and pluck the souls of even those people whose deeds weigh low on the scale.

She tossed around to find her machine in the drawers meanwhile waking up Rehan from his deep sleep due to sudden thumping.

"Rida it's 3:30, what are you doing this late?" He had asked in a dense voice while Rida kept quiet as she was not in a position to answer him.

He sat up to analyse her and she breathed heavily for a while.

"One of those attacks." Replied Rida as she was relieved after taking her inhaler.

"Attack?" He asked in confusion.

"Yeah asthama attack." Said she as she lay down on her place for taking rest. It was so weird to live on those drugs every other day. Our life is so sensitive sometimes that its either live or die in a second. It is true that our death had been engraved from even before we were even born but every time the thought of death crosses our mind, it chills our spine as if it was something unexpected or unreal. It was weird to meet someone and then never look back to them but when their news of death arrives, it shakes our very foundation. After mourning for a little while we again forget the agonies of death and resume to our joyful life until the next.

____

The new Queen is barshasanam

After Surat ul Alaq, Surah Muddaththir [74:1-5] was revealed.

Q) Enlist the first four convergent of islam in a row.

As Rida kept down her phone, she sighed as she pulled her sleeve towards the elbow to wash the dishes. If she was in her mum's house, her family wouldn't have let her done this because a bit of exertion after the attacks could lead to flaring up of the next attack again but since she was in her in-laws house, there was no way she would dismiss the work and take some rest. She had expected Rehan to help her as he had sometimes in the early days said that he would be his companion but nevertheless he was busy with his own work, he cannot come tired from work and do the chores of the house too, it was another aspect that some good sons or husbands help the ladies with the chores but every other person wasn't used to it. She wasn't a bit angry but may be sometimes expectations take you higher, the more it takes you higher the more brutal the fall is.

"Hey bhabhi, should I help?" Madiha jumped and sat on the platform of the kitchen next to the sink.

"Nah I will do it."

"But bhai told you are not well."

"Did he?"

"Yeah, so now let me do this and I am not listening to you." Said Madiha as she pushed Rida behind.

"And what did your brother tell you." Rida asked as she sat on Madiha's place.

"Umm he asked me to take care of you." Madiha said as she washed a spoon under the running tap.