𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes.
Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow.
Let reality be reality.
Let things flow naturally forward in
whatever way they like.

—Lao Tzu

Prologue
June 11, 2007

"Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour her and keep her, in sickness and in health? And, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?" The archbishop asked Harold

Silence.

Harold closed his eyes and didn't speak. Seconds pass and still his eyes remained closed at the archbishop.

Sibylla looked over at him with a smile then a frown once she saw his eyes were closed and dropped his hand.

"Harold?" he heard Sibylla whisper beside him and he looked at her.

"Sir?" The archbishop then asked taking Harold's eyes away from Sibylla and to him.

"I'm sorry." Harold said towards the archbishop and gasps are heard throughout the chapel but he couldn't care less.

"Harold." Sibylla said.

Harold turned towards Sibylla who had an astounded look on her face; her mouth open in shock and it seemed that she hadn't processed what's happening yet.

His face was torn with anguish.

"I'm sorry but you deserve someone better; someone who can love you fully; I'm not ready to get married. I thought I was, but I'm not. Please don't cry." Harold said.

Sibylla forced herself to hold back her tears.

"Why are you doing this?" Sibylla asked as she could see from the corner of her eye, see her father fuming with rage.

"I do love you Sibylla, but not enough to marry you. I don't want to hold you back, and tell everyone that I am sorry." Harold answered.

"No, you stay here and tell everyone. I won't be left at the altar, by a jackass like you." Sibylla said as she turned and began walking down the aisle and out of the chapel with her head held high as I heard the voices.

"I'm going to personally kill him..."

"I can't believe he would do that to her..."

"They loved each other so much, what went wrong..."

~•~•~