Chapter 1

Happy birthday Caitlin! I wrote this for @SkywaySailing for her birthday, so, I don't care who reads it because it's for her, and if you don't know who Travis Clark or We The Kings are then SHAME ON YOU.

I don't care how cliche and corny this story is OK. It's a little weird writing it in first person as Caitlin, but if I write it in my point of view it would be pointless because I wouldn't be able to get all the good parts in. >:D

Anywho, happy happy happy birthday :) <3

------------------------------------------------

"Happy birthday Caitlin!" My roommate shouted as she walked into my room, she was holding a tray of orange juice and a bacon sandwich. I blinked my eyes open and managed a tired smile.

"Thanks Jess." I said, sitting up in bed. She sat on the bed crossed legged and grinned.

"Guess what?" She looked like she was going to burst with excitement.

"What?" I started digging into my breakfast.

"It's a surprise!" She said, then hopped out of my room. Surprise? What?

"Jess!" I shouted, leaving my half eaten breakfast on the bed and running into the living room. A large banner covered half of one of the walls that said 'Happy 19th Birthday!'.

"This is the surprise?" I asked, raising a eyebrow.

"No, the surprise is for later." She said, grinning. "Be ready for 7pm sharp."

"Ready for what?" She was so confusing.

"For your surprise silly!" She said, grinning. I rolled my eyes and went and made us both a cup of tea.

--6pm.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my hair in a towel, then did the same to my body. Jess still hadn't gaven in about the 'surprise.' It was probably a surprise party. That's traditional, I suppose? Although, Jess isn't really a traditional person. I dried off and scowered my wardrobe for something to wear, and eventually settled for a pair of blue jeans and a plain black shirt. Nothing too fancy.

I ran a brush through my tangle of blonde lioness curls and applied a little bit of makeup.

"Are you ready?" Jess shouted from behind my bedroom door.

"Just about!" I shouted, grabbing a jacket and walking out. Jess was dressed in some black skinny jeans and a We The Kings t-shirt.

"Ready to go?" She asked, smiling.

"Yep. Ready to tell me where we're going?" Her eyes flashed with excitement and she shook her head. I started to wonder whether it really was a surprise party, maybe I was going to walk into the living room and people are going to shout in my face 'Happy Birthday!'. I hope not.

Jess practically dragged me to her car, she might aswell have done the seatbelt for me. I rested my head back on the seat and tapped my hands on the dash board to the beat of Promise The Stars - We The Kings. I chuckled, thinking of the guy from the video that kidnaps the band. Jess started laughing, obviously thinking the same as me.

"We're here!" She said, grinning. I looked out of the window, it was a concert arena. What are we doing here? She saw my confusion and handed me 2 concert tickets for We The Kings.

"Mother of god." I said, my eyes widening.

"Happy birthday!" She said, grinning with excitement. "Don't just sit there, let's go!" We both practically ran out of the car and up the stairs to the arena.