District 8

The next day, Fred got mad at Haymitch for saying what he said about him. Meanwhile, Haymitch is making everyone else believe that this is the wrong way to start a revolution. Fred believes that he can still do these commercials. Fred is shocked at how bad Haymitch looks, like he lost too much weight. As a new strategy, Haymitch has everyone share the moments when Fred was powerful and effective on screen. All the people in the room came up with some. They include moments of bravery and love, that Fred showed. Haymitch has an idea, they should send Fred out fighting and film for commercials. He says that they should lie about the miscarriage and Fred lost the baby after the explosion of the arena. President Coin accedes and says that Fred should go to District 8, where there's fighting but it's not all that dangerous. Everyone else leaves, Fred and Haymitch have a heart to heart. They talked about how they wished to save Kevin. Haymitch says Kevin is the Capitol's weapon and you're the same for us. They hugged goodbye. Fred takes off the makeup and feels more like himself. Then Beetee gives him, his special armor to wear out into battle. Effie puts a Mockingjay pin on Fred's heart of his left side of his chest. As Fred leaves, accompanied by a man named Boggs who works closely with Coin. Fred runs into Finnick. Finnick wants to go with him but isn't healthy enough. So Fred tells him about the special trident Beetee is making for him. This seems to make Finnick act like his true self again. Boggs tells Fred more about what 13 is like as they go to the Hangar to fly over to District 8. They discuss the morality of warfare. Then, they meet Bertha and some others and take off for 8. As they travel, Plutarch tells Fred more about what's at stake. All the districts against the Capitol, except for 2, but has a martyr there. He reveals the revolutionaries' strategy to take the districts piece by piece and ending with 2, and then turning to the Capitol. Finally, Plutarch gives Fred a small pill to keep with him.