Fred becomes the Mockingjay

Fred goes back to his quarters and has a poor night's sleep. He gets up going to find the pearl that he saved in the dresser. Holly wakes up and talks to Fred. Fred says, he's going to be the Mockingjay and is worried about Kevin. Holly reassures him that he has the power and can make revolutionaries work to keep Kevin safe. Fred realizes that in order to make that happen, he'll need to forge an agreement in front of lots of people, so no one can deny it later on. The next day, Fred has breakfast with Bertha. Bertha shares her food even though she isn't supposed to. Fred decides that in addition to asking for help saving Kevin, he'll try to get permission for him and Bertha to start hunting again. Then, they go to Command. Fred makes a short list of all the things he'll ask for in the negotiations. Fred explains what he wants in exchange for being the Mockingjay. Fred agrees to keep Buttercup and Bertha and I will hunt. The revolutionaries bring up Fred's complicated relationships with Bertha and Kevin. Fred requests and permission for Kevin and the others to receive pardons after the revolutionaries win the war. Fred threatens her and Plutarch saying you will rescue Kevin at the earliest opportunity or I will save Kevin out there my self! Unless this other request is granted. Fred also requests permission to kill President Snow. After this discussion, Coin and the other revolutionaries leave Command, and Fred confers with Plutarch and Bertha. Plutarch reveals the plans for Fred as the Mockingjay and shows him some costumes Cinna designed. Meanwhile, in the Capitol, President Snow has a minister named Antonius who takes Kevin many different rooms for truth serums and injected his head with the tracker jacker serum. The guards give Enobaria a ponytail pulling torture from the ceiling. Annie gets tortured too. Meanwhile, back in 13, Plutarch says they're going to make short commercials called propos, that star Fred and advance the revolutionaries' cause. The group leaves Command and goes farther into the underground center than Fred has ever been. He has a bad feeling about what's happening. Security tries to stop them, but Fred and Bertha are ahead of them. They managed to break into a closed room and discover the people who helped prepare Fred for his trips to the arena. Only now, they're prisoners of District 13.