Fred's Fight for Justice

Alone and bathing, Fred thinks about how everyone he's encountered has attempted to use him as a tool for power, the Gamemakers, President Snow, the revolutionaries, and their president. Oh, and the revolutionaries are changing Fred's appearance to make him more television friendly. They're going to make him look natural again and add beautiful battle scars. As the prep team helps him, Fred considers how altered they are outside of the Capitol. The prep team can solve everything except, that they let Fred scratched himself in many different areas to become the Mockingjay. The decision is postponed until after the midday meal. Fred takes the prep team to eat with the others, and they end up sitting with Bertha. Being with them helps make the prep team feel better. Fred reveals that the night before, he and Bertha fought about his decision to request protection for the other former tributes. When the meal was finished, he and Bertha make up a little but they still disagree. They head to a meeting with Beetee. Beetee is in the Special Defense area of the underground compound. They find him in a beautiful, man-made version of a natural field. Beetee is observing the real hummingbirds that populate it. Bertha tries to think about what could catch a hummingbird and suggests a very thin net made of small metal links. Their conversation makes Fred flash back to the brutality of competing in the Games. Beetee asks Fred about Finnick and then says he's been working on specialized weapons for both of them. He takes Fred and Bertha over to the Weaponry section to show his or her creation. Bertha gets to pick out a bow as her own weapon. She and Fred talk about whether it's alright to use such weapons on other human beings. Then, Beetee brings Fred a fantastic weapon, a bow that will react to him when he speaks. It's designed specifically for him, and will be a huge advantage in battle. After that, Fred goes to join Plutarch and the prep team. They make him up and dress him in preparation for the making of the first propo, with his fake scars and scratches. Everyone thinks he looks great and they want him him to try to speak. Fred's supposed to say, "People of Panem, we fight, we dare, we end our hunger for justice!" Fred said it on camera and no one says anything. Haymitch, who is in the other room, finally speaks up, saying, it was absolutely terrible.