Twelve

I felt fingers across my face. He was mending my tubes back in place. I inhaled deeply as I got the air back. I still couldn't see him through my faded prospect. I tried to push him away, but he ruffled my hair instead.

"It's going to be fine. Calm down. I mean no harm." Something was so peaceful about him. I closed my eyes again.

***

"She's my sister," I heard Ben utter.

"Well, that's nice. Were you both alone?" He was interviewing him. I wished I could listen to their conversation without any interfering alarm in my head.

"No. Our cousins are there."

"Can you take me to them?"

***

I was stirring. His arms were wrapped around my being: he carried me. He looked at me, "Don't worry, you'll soon be home on your cozy bed."

Who was he?

"Blake!" It was Julie's voice. "Oh my lord, what happened?"

He soothed her, "She's fine. Just passed out. She just requires some fruitful rest."

I recognized Danny's voice as he spoke, "Thank you. We'll handle it from here."

The sound of our vehicle. The unlocking of the car door. He put me in the backseat and stroked my forehead. "In a few hours, you'll be as healthy as ever."

He took my head slightly upright and fed me a pill in my mouth. He volunteered some water for me to gulp it down. "Bye..."

He climbed down. The door closed. He waved at me from the window as the vehicle started. Debbie thanked him before we yanked off.

I rested my eyes, pondering upon him.