Three

"Okay, honey, it's time to go into that bloody palace and show 'em who's the real princess," Mum said as she unlocked the car door.

"Mum, I'm not a kid anymore. Stop trying to flatter me with your lame jokes." I veered towards the school and sighed, "It's not going to work."

"Oh, be quiet you. Just walk into that school and make some friends. I'm pretty sure that I saw some gorgeous boys waiting to befriend you in the street."

Although she was just gagging, I remembered the guy who watched me for no particular reason, or even an accurate expression. His eyes were all that spoke to me.

"Yeah, very funny. I bet this is going to be awkward," and with that, I marched off to the structure.

I could already hear the empathic phrases from the front benchers—as I'd presumed they'd tell me to sit in the back—and the emotion dulled my expectations.

I didn't even notice that I had almost approached the entrance of the school. This was strange since I usually turn back before even walking half miles to any specific place. I loitered my eyes around on the regular students, and was seemingly pleased that no one was bothered with my presence...yet. The mask appeared as a good source of hiding things, I guess.

I analyzed that the people were inhaling deeply, sucking the blossom-filled air in peace. Wow, regretting had already started. The tubes sticking under my nose guised me as if laughing, "You can't get rid of me." Sometimes, I just wish this could all stop and time travel was invented. I'd have been in my old days, with no bloody tubes, in my ex-school. And with ex-Dolan Newman.

I heaved a sigh, figuring myself into the well-built Perk High School—yeah, I perceived that name at the gate. As much as I was impressed by the outside, I was equally damned by the inner concern.

Not sure about the humankind here though. Why are they even called human "kind" when they're so interested in isolating me from their lives?

I immediately overlooked that thought and marched towards the principal's office, as I was asked to. As I passed the corridors, the second incident aroused and ruined my whole new aspect on this day—which revived my curse on humans again.

"Hey, stop him!" Someone wailed their throat out, seizing me to spin around and peek at the circumstance.

"Oh shit..." I'm pretty sure these were the first words that I had stumbled upon, before I was scrapped onto the floor, by the guy who had bumped onto me. I never imagined my day would be rampaged like this. The mask flee on the ground, revealing the sensible tubes under my nose. My body ached with the pressure of the clumsy guy's figure on top of it, and my lungs suffocated with the lack of proper oxygen. I needed to fix my tubes, but I was penetrated on the ground fiercely. This was the first influence that I made in my very first day of school. Damn.

Other than the pain, shattered reputation and rage, I was rather stunned to treasure that it was the same lad I had grasped earlier. And this time, unlike the first one when we were just two strangers picturing each other, he was pinnacled on me—his hazel eyes soaring into my soul. This time, I could feel his breath striking at my chin, and the warmness of his skin on mine. I don't know if he recognized me, but I'm sure that he was aware of the closeness between us.

And yet, he chose to reside for a few more moments.

That was until my breathings got rushed, and the brunette girl announced, "She's infected!"

"What the—" Two persons wiped across the corridor and helped the guy to get on his feet. His eyes were still fixed on me, although his friends cautioned him, "Jake, get away. She's infected."

Jake.

He struggled out of their grip and grunted at the running people who brawled themselves away from me. I, on the other hand, scuffled to get my tubes jolted back in place and reach out for the fallen mask.

I was kind of quite obvious of the million eyes inspecting me, spacing away from me. The hall suddenly muted, and every literal body present were either sympathizing on me, or striving to get away.

It was so demoralizing that tears embraced the corners of my eyes. I could listen to my heartbeat more amplified than ever. I looked throughout and people shoved themselves out of my way of sight.

Wow. What a fantastic starting.

The tears failed me and rolled down my cheeks. I unearthed myself from onto the tiling and with a last glance at the guilty hazel-eyed guy, dashed into the way of the washroom. This was definitely a day to be remembered.

The day I acquainted my enemy.