Fourteen

"Twinkle twinkle little stars

How I wonder what you are.

Up above the world so high

Like a diamond in the sky."

***

It was the end of the weekend and the rain flushed down my window. As it happened, the night was awake: just like me. It was draped by the thundering clouds, yet a shine of a sparkling star could be treasured with a little struggle of sight.

Somehow, I wasn't fascinated by the time. It was three in the morning and I had not rested a minute after supper. I just watched the window getting a watered coating as I repeated the memories in my mind.

A guy. Cute. A year older than me. A guy who saved me. Mended my tubes without any sympathizing emotions.

"It's going to be fine. Calm down. I mean no harm."

I never really thought someone would be so adventuring to blockade a picture in my mind. It still dimmed the slightest knowledge of his characteristics.

But, Julie was right. A guy like him, and a girl like me. Maybe that's what it was all about. A guy like Dolan, and a girl like me. I shouldn't be mesmerizing our good old pasts, however I couldn't just run away from it.

I desperately needed to forget him. Tears trickled down my cheeks. He was the only person I ever cared for, and the only person who hurt me that bad.

I pressed my eyes shut and covered my mouth with my hands to stop weeping. I recalled Danny's words:

"You just need one imperfect person to transform your life into a perfect one. As they say, even the coal has a diamond heart."

One imperfect person. One. Imperfect.

I drowsed myself to sleep, revolving his words. And as the darkness grew, an image stuffed my thoughts. One imperfect person.

"You don't have a single clue of your beauty under this mask."

Even a coal has a diamond heart.