FOUR

FOUR Mickey is... What the fuck is Mickey even doing?

▬▬▬ ➳ ▬▬▬

Mickey sat on the couch wondering, for whatever reason, if Beth liked his music.

He, thus, elaborated a plan to ask her about it. A needlessly complicated plan, but still, he thought she wouldn't notice anything if he asked her in that specific way.

So, he typed.

[my neighbor won't stop listening to this song on repeat...]

[I had nothing against the song, I thought it was a cool song, but I wish she would dial down on the volume a bit]

The answer came after a few minutes, which he spent looking at the ceiling while picturing Beth listening to his music, like the sucker that he was.

[what song?]

All right, now play it cool, Mickey. He typed carefully, trying not to sound too obvious. Or maybe he should've just have asked her promptly "hey do you listen to Mickey Roscoe?". Too late now.

[I don't know the name, it goes like 'baby I'm undone but I wanna live to see the sun...' something like that]

[oh I think I know that one.]

[but I don't know the name. wait a sec now I'm curious. gonna google it]

Shit. She didn't know him... Mickey let himself sink deeper in the couch. Maybe this way was better.

[it's called 'see the sun' by a mickey roscoe, apparently] she wrote after a few more minutes.

Yep. She really doesn't know me. Somehow, he was a bit hurt.

So what? Stop being a baby. It doesn't matter that she doesn't know who you are. That's what you wanted in the first place, right?

Mickey sat up straight and texted her back.

[now u see what I'm dealing with here? Not that it's too bad...] he wrote quickly, before he could stop himself at the last part.

[hahahah I think it's fine, but I wouldn't wanna listen to it on repeat either]

Ouch. He was not done, though. He just had to keep poking, hadn't he? Mickey wouldn't let it rest.

[do u know another one of his songs? Maybe I could recommend it to my neighbor, see if she changes the track hahaha]

Ok, now he was just fishing. I'm hopeless.

[I dunno... I mean, I think I might've heard some on the radio, but nothing comes to mind right now :/]

It's official. She is not a fan. Just let it go. Why are you doing this to yourself? What do you want out of this conversation? Weren't you tired of just fans anyway? What the fuck are you doing?

[Omg!!! I just found out he's the one who sings 'stillness of remembering' *0*]

Mickey sucked in a breath as he read the next messages, his heart slamming against his chest.

[I really liked this song!!! I knew the words to it]

[If I remember correctly, I might've done the same thing as your neighbor when I heard this one for the 1st time back when I was in college]