Chapter Twelve

Caution!

Foul Language!

PS. I would loveeeee a new banner! If anyone is good at that sort of thing. (:

The tensions were so high in the car; I couldn’t stand it any longer.

“Lucas, where are we going!?” I demanded. I heard him let out a shaky breath and felt the car decelerate. Thank the Gods. He was going at least eighty.

“I’m so… Amethyst… I’m just… I can’t…” he mumbled.

My breath caught and I waited for it. He knew we weren’t mates. He knew we weren’t and he was leaving me. He was going to drop me off somewhere. I felt my throat tighten and my chest clenched. Oh Gods, please no.

Couldn’t I have one thing for myself? Couldn’t I have Lucas? Tears welled in my eyes and

The air was so thick with emotion, tension, and frustration. It was rolling off Lucas in waves and I seemed to be soaking it all in. I felt as though I would blow up at any moment.

I didn’t realize we had stopped until Lucas turned to me.

“I’m so fucking pissed off! I want to rip out that bastard’s throat for hurting you Amethyst. I’m not… I’m not a good man Amethyst. I’m violent and angry and I want blood. I want to kill those people for hurting you. When I see you, and I see the pain they put there, it makes me go crazy. I can barely contain my wolf. And now… Your wolf… It… They…” he said through gritted teeth.

I let it all sink in for a moment. Should I be scared? His voice sent chills all over my body, but they weren’t bad. No, definitely not bad. They made my stomach drop and butterflies erupt where it had been though.

He cared.

I smiled slightly and glanced up at him. “So… You’re not… Leaving me?” I whispered. I wanted to hear him say it. I wanted to hear him say he was never leaving me.

There was a moment of silence and suddenly I was being yanked out of my seat and sat in his lap. I felt his arm entrap me and I felt, for the first time in a very long time, safe. Lucas was a rock. Nobody was going to hurt me when he was around. I sagged into him and rested my head in his chest.

He let out a throaty groan and cupped my face, urging me to look at him. “Amethyst, I want nothing more than to kiss you right now. I fight it every second you are with me. And when you aren’t with me, I’m fighting the urge to go find you and kiss you. I want you. I feel… I feel amazing around you. Don’t you feel… Do you feel…?” He questioned, searching my face for any hint of what was going through my head.

My mouth opened, but nothing came out. I was still reeling from his declaration. He really wanted me…

I wanted nothing more than to tell him yes. Yes, I wanted him! Yes, I felt the same! But just as my mouth was opening, I hesitated. Did I? Or was it just the fact he had saved me? Tingles and sparks shot through my body whenever he came near, but I had little to no decent human contact for two years. Were the feelings real?

“I understand. I will wait Amethyst. I will wait forever. I love you. I don’t want to freak you out and scare you away though. I’m not going anywhere though. I know this is so fast and we just got here and you’re just trying to take it day by day. Hell, hour by hour probably. I just want you to know that I am here and I always will be.” He declared.

All I could do was stare.

And without realizing it, I was leaning forward towards him.

His hands were so gentle, cupping my face. I stared into his eyes, trying to memorize every single detail of this moment.